Hello I'm new

Hello

I joined the forum in a weird way, but hey, who doesn’t join a conversation by diving in unannounced and claiming the unearned title of Troll in Chief?

I’m Andrew, I’m in NZ (it’s a small suburb in Australia where the hobbits live and @WashRiteNZ is about 100km away ((I keep meaning to say hi when I see your van around, fam are in the Tron))

I started as a window cleaner and was (think) the third person to use WFP over here. Turned down any pressure washing enquiries for several years, then spent a year hiring pressure washing equipment for specific customers only. I had my own fittings made up to allow downstreaming on pretty all the hireable machines in town!

Then I realised I had spent more money hiring pressure washers and changing fittings than a decent machine on a trailer would cost.

So, I set out to buy an 8gpm hot water machine… then got talked out of it by a local manufacturer (no one uses that size here apparently)… bought a 5.5gpm on a trailer… only to Decide that I think I “was right” all along and should have imported a 8gpm hot machine!!!

I think I’ll do that next year…

Any questions Fire away. I promise to answer some of them seriously :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Big props to @Atlas1, @Masterblaster57 and @Infinity for being good friendly characters and welcoming me in.

Thanks to @Tim4 for not kicking me out already for being the village idiot and accidentally turning myself anonymous in my second post :confused:

1 Like

Couple of pictures to prove I’m an actual human with an actual pressure washer and an actual business…

I’ll freely admit @thinktoomuch is a much bigger man than me: My pressure washer is on a trailer because I’m too weak to carry it, my hoses both have reels because I’m too amateur…: to fold them, my bleach has detergent in it because _im on the payroll of Big Soap_and my van has my name on it because I’m proud (lil bit) of my work. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hey troll, how close to the American embassy are you? It’s directly across thr street from rhe Chinese consulate.

Wow, Andrew, I never realized our startup into power washing was almost identical (except right-side-up here [sorry :roll_eyes:lame, I know])

I’m the only guy for miles around using a WFP (that I know of). Turned down power washing leads for years, then rented a machine until it became apparent how ridiculous it was becoming. Also bought a 5.5gpm, but so far pretty happy with its capabilities.

A proper welcome to the forum. You’ll still be missed on WCR… I think :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I find myself actually liking you a little bit right now. It won’t last, so enjoy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I used to think window cleaners were smarter than pressure washers. If that is the case, why does it take so long for them to figure the money to be made from squirting soap and water?

3 Likes

Derrr, you got me there, Tim. I guess not all window cleaners are smart? Just like not all pressure washers are dumb? :smirk:

3 Likes

Hey, and welcome! That’s a nice looking van you’ve got! Looks smooth and professional.

I used to have a very good friend who lived in Auckland, but I’ve never visited NZ myself. It’s on my list though! Anyway, I’m starting up my own PW business next year (thinking about window cleaning as well…) and I guarantee that you’ll find these forums an invaluable source of information.

1 Like

Hey everyone! I’m new to this forum as well. Just wanted to stop by and say hi, can’t wait to check out more of these forums as well.

-Pressure Washing Augusta

1 Like

That van is NICE! But, to be a proper troll, you are supposed to conceal any and all business details. Are you sure you’re not actually based out of a small town in the southeastern US? LOL

3 Likes

I’m thinking Buzz is really an imposter, and stole those pics off somebody’s website :scream:

Plus 100 troll points if that’s the case. Shows commitment to track down and then steal the identity of some business owner on the other side of the world :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

wow…what a unique company name. Appears that trick doesn’t work anymore for s.e.o.

tip 2.Take some of these off your website —> ( Pressure Washing Augusta GA ) It’s called “key word stuffing”…

I call it Over kill—and very detrimental to your ranking … And by the way WELCOME — Hope you enjoy the abuse here. Takes a little getting used to …!!!

1 Like

As you are new here. Just a friendly heads up that the thinktomuch guy is not actually a contractor. We believe he is a teenager with to much time on his hands. Either way a safe bet is to ignore him until he gets bored and leaves. His advice will get you hurt or will be detrimental to your business

Grammar class guys. Sit down and listen. The word “too” means ::::

to a higher degree than is desirable, permissible, or possible; excessively.
or…in addition; also. eg. "I drank too much coffee "…or “teenager with too much time on his hands”

or like “also”…I would like to make as much money as Thinktoomuch “too”

Now i’ve also seen the word “their” abused here also and used wrong… Their shows possession . “Their pressure washer sux”…Not ----There pressure washer sux… Or …I’ve seen this here and I just copied and pasted it,

""Their are a lot of factor that determine your final ratio coming out of the gun.

Please —let’s use proper grammar and not look so back woodsy…and illiterate !

So i think you get the point about this guy lol.

2 Likes

Alright I’ll make some changes thanks for the tip!

g00gle "or “youtube” key word stuffing "

Could you please so us your site so we have a better idea of your seo concepts?

Very easy.

Copy…Paste

Thanks.
Kevin

2 Likes