Gutter plugs?

Ok I have a roof to do this week and one of the gutter downspouts goes underground and leads to a fresh water pond. There’s a little bit of room to bag the drainage tubing but it’s going to be a nightmare getting the bag out from there. I wanted to plug the downspout so all the runoff goes to one downspout. Does anyone else do this and if so what do you use to plug the downspout? I tried looking for a commerical plug but can’t find anything online. I though about using something like a brick but I don’t know if that’s going to make a tight enough seal.

Can you take the down spout apart ??? Maybe redo it so it can be bagged or diverted…down spout is fairly cheap and you can tack it on to the price of service

Not an option on this one… it’s siliconed all around the bases and the drainage tubing is a little on the brittle side. I tried to wiggle it off and the tubing cracked a little. I don’t want to pay someone to dig it up and put new extensions in when they are clearly breaking down from age. The other downspout has wide open area for drainage so that’s why I wanted to do the plug.

Use a loaf of bread (still in the package). Or go to a home supply store that sells trailers, most of them have large blocks of styrofoam that ships with the trailers. You can cut ine down.

1 Like

Stop by at your local pool supply store. They usually carry a variety twist tightening rubber plugs. I use them for pressure testing radiators etc.

1 Like

@anon1966941 I like that idea …also if going that route stop at the hardware store and buy a couple wax rings for toilet seals and smash them together and seal the gutter that way …I’m sure that would work

I’ll call my supplier today and ask if they have them. Thank you!