Gutter Cleaning

Gutter cleaning introduces you to potential clients you would have never seen otherwise. I sell pressure washing services to probably 50% of my gutter cleaning clients. It is a no brainer for me , because it assures some good income twice a year for me.

2 Likes

Sorry about the grammar. I don’t know how to edit posts here and I type too fast.

you will not be able to avoid using ladders sometimes. Definitely invest in a ladder stabilizer.

1 Like

we made a pretty decent amount of money last year cleaning gutters, and I wasn’t even marketing for it.
Might try that this year

I have given a lot of thought about gutter cleaning lately, as I have always offered gutter cleaning, and yes it does lead to other work and is pretty profitable, definitely need two guys when doing gutter cleaning on those double decker gutters that are over a roof of the front porch, very dangerous. I have decided that I only have so much time in a day, or a week or a month, and I want all that time filled with only washing, that’s where my issue has always been, I used gutter cleaning as fill in when we don’t have washing sort of, but the reality is if we don’t have washing to do, its my fault and I need to get marketing for washing.

1 Like

I concur.

Gutter cleaning is a service that we will continue to offer to existing clients but I do not intend to spend much time or money acquiring more of it.

I do have one ritzy neighborhood that generates a fair amount of gutter cleaning from yard signs, I’ll keep using them but no more gutter mailings.

iPhone - Tapatalk

That was my thought as well, not to market gutter cleaning, but to do it as an addon if a housewash customer requests it. I am there anyway and why pass up the money if my schedule is not booked up.

I have a love-hate relationship with gutter cleaning. We don’t actively “push” gutter cleaning because we get enough “organic” requests for the service as it is. I usually really like gutter cleaning as an add-on… until I get those “double-decker gutters” that [MENTION=7657]housewasher[/MENTION] talked about. That’s when I hate it. We did one last year where the porch-roof was metal (ie, slippery), and the gutters above had guards on them which needed to be removed (ie, no “cheating” by using a pole from below). Very, very dangerous indeed.

I have been cleaning gutter for 27 years. I have tried several devices. The only device that works, is cleaning out by hand and blowing out afterwards. I would love to have a product strong enough to fo it from the ground. One of the min problems with the gutter cleaning devices is making sure you get the downspout clear. It is impossible to get a clogged downspout clear unless you use a garden hose and your hand to dig it out. I wish you the best of luck.

2 Likes

What is the best stuff that makes them clean up whiten up… I have a job with some dark stains…
Tks

F13 Gutter Grenade from Bob

1 Like

anywhere to buy this Local?? Jackson Tennessee

Can’t buy it locally, but worth what you pay for shipping… And, shipping is super quick. The guys at both Pressuretek.com and Powerwash.com provide great service and prompt shipping.

Krud Kutter. Home depot carries it.

Gutter cleaning is easy money and a very good upsell to the client, We use ladders with ladder stabilizers and its an easy way to ad $50 to $150 on to every house wash and only takes 30 minutes so good money for little outlay.

Thanks
Troy Hillard
Wash Rite NZ
www.washrite.co.nz

Hi guys!!

Lately I’ve gotten quite a few gutters to be cleaned. I found it to be easy money and I didn’t mind the work. Does anybody have any thoughts about gutter vacuums? I thought the SkyVac gutter cleaning machine looked really cool. also RHG products makes a cool looking machine. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I have tried to download the PWRA App to my iPhone and can’t find it to save my life lol

Excellent advice and much respected

It’s no longer a thing. They did away with it when the website became so mobile friendly. Read that in another thread at some point. It was before my time :wink:

2 Likes

Ah ok no wonder! hehe :grin: