Gotta have a new pump

I’m new to the forum but have been reading a good bit today. Lots of helpful info on the page. I’m a firefighter full time and pressure washing is a part time business for me. All the commercial equipment is new to me so I’m looking for answers. I have to replace the pump on my set up. I have a comet tw 5050s. It’s 5.2 GPM and 5000 PSI. Imrunning it with a 24 horse Honda engine (belt drive). I’m looking for more GPM and willing to lose some PSI. I’ve been looking at a general pump from pressuretek that’s 7-8.5 GPM and 3600 psi. Can I run the general pump with effiency with the 24 horse engine and would this be a sensible move? Or should I just go back with the same size pump I’ve been using? I do have a big guy whisper washer as well and do some surface cleaning. Thanks in advance for your input.

A Honda GX690 is plenty strong enough to run an 8 gpm pump. You’ll be fine.

Thank you for your reply. One question though… Th General pump TSF 2021 says its variable. It says 8.5 GPM at 1750 rpm or 7 GPM at 1450 rpm. Is this variable due to motor pushing it or pulley size?