Got my Tent set up

AND Love it forgot who told me but its great… I put wood stakes in concrete and anchored the corners down… Something blows it down it will be a doozy…
I do have $150 in it…
Now winter I will keep it and my tractor in the shop.

Summary

* 1. List item

3 Likes

we about had a doozy last night, I mean came a rain and heavy winds it blew sheet of tin off my shop. Them tie downs did the trick…
Love my SHOP me and my daughter built that shop every board me and her my baby. Me and a guy from work put up the Trusses he put tin on…She was a Sr in high school we worked ever day in the summer together, Last time me and her together bonding … we put in a good day I had a cooler of cold beer and we have a couple of beers… Now she GONE now a peds Dr. at Vanderbilt …
I love that shop all wood in it from Mennonites

What matters is if someone is a good person with love and kindness in their heart, not what the color of their skin is.

The wrongness of statements/feelings such as this are easiest to understand if you put yourself in someone elses shoes, and consider the situation from their point of view. If you were a black or hispanic person, who did the right thing and worked hard his whole life, and was reading this forum to help start his own power washing business, how would you feel when you read that part of your post? Not very good, i would imagine.

These Days are These Days…I was just joshing sorry to offend…
If she married Jamal Id love him to long as he took care of her…

So what we learn from this is there at least 2 on here that I wouldn’t want to shake hands with.

Let’s not confuse conflicting opinions toward interracial relationships as merely being a byproduct of the hyper-sensitized ‘political correctness’ of today. I dont need to break out the history books here, do I?

I dont want to get into a debate about race mixing. All i asked was that he consider reading that statement from the viewpoint of a person who isn’t white, and see how it comes across. Skin color is far less important than how the person treats his daughter… as, to his credit, he acknowledged.

I’m more interested in two people being happy, than i am about races staying separated. If that makes me a sniveling politically correct nimwit, then so be it.

Yeah…and that says a little about your narrow mindedness, also.

And, I don’t not care to shake hands with your like either…no use for folks that don’t have the gumption to stand up for a persons rights.

I am not confusing anything.

But, I am not letting your social justice warrior mentality run roughshod over someone expressing a perfectly reasonable desire for his family.

You are not the only one that is willingly to stand up for a persons right to have their own desires and opinions…

And, you are the one that pulled this into racism…the OP did not…you did this to make a politically correct point. You have to change the narrative because you cannot make a reasonable argument that this man is not within his acceptable right to prefer that his daughter marry someone of her race or skin color. JUST as most people of other race prefer the same. If the OP had been black and made a similar statement…you would have kept your mouth SHUT.

Wow. You are a strange one for sure. Not sure how you turn hate into a virtue. Fortunately, I don’t have to deal with person and maybe you are contained in your own little world.

Where is the HATE.

No hate has been expressed by anyone…

Just because the OP has a preference…that does not constitute hate. Are you actually that shallow.

Typical liberal tactic of changing the argument to something that it is not.

I prefer Ford trucks…and will express that…does that mean that I HATE all others…no, it means that I prefer Ford.

Honestly, what a bunch of clowns.

Yeah… i dont think this is the same thing. While the OP may not have hate in his heart towards other races, his statement carries a metric boatload of weight associated with hate behind it. His clarification implies that he doesn’t harbor the undeserved hate that those relationships often receive, so that’s that.

I get that you dont think what he said is racist. Ok fine. Smarter people than us could have a debate for either side, and probably not definitively answer whether it is or isn’t. But dont get so worked up that someone would react to such a bold statement.

Nice big assumption there. See i would consider that far more indicative of a ‘social justice narrow minded’ mindset, compared to what i did.

And since when does believing that there is nothing wrong with races mixing equate to being narrow minded? I feel like most people would say that it’s the opposite.

Anyway, im confident that anyone reading this thread will be able to make a pretty clear call on who is open minded, and who isn’t.

I do think it’s funny how you consider discussing the disapproval of interracial mixing to be ‘social justice warrior mentality running roughshod’. Come on, man. Whether or not interracial mixing is right or wrong, is a pretty huge moral issue, and has been for hundreds of years. Surely you can make your argument without having to try and discredit me by trying to associate me with the hyper sensitive namby pamby culture of 2017.

Personally, ive never heard a really good reason to be against interracial relationships. “Preserving our heritage” (whatever that means) is far less important to me, than two people being happy. But thats just me. I understand that others feel differently.

Cheers!

1 Like

Tireshark…there is no way to engage you in an intellectual discussion…as you are obviously, unarmed.

You cannot make a reasonable intellectual argument why someone is wrong to prefer that their children marry their same race or ethnicity. You must twist it to be racism, to thereby evoke the emotions that racism does and should invoke, when it is PROPERLY applied, which it is not in this situation. Your use of race…is race hustling…not properly identifying racism and calling it out. This crap is straight out of the liberal play book. You try to make everyone feel guilty for being white and you point out legitimate positions they hold, as being racist. Well…you can take that and your white guilt and find an an easier mark to use it on…I don’t play your game.

Let it go @tireshark. Can’t argue or have rational conversation with this mentality. Hopefully he will move on.

1 Like

bystander…same applies to you.