Going Away

I am a one man operation and I’m going to China for 3 weeks. Any suggestions on how to keep the business running would be appreciated.

Here are some of the things I’m worried about:

1. How much information should I give people? I’m reluctant to tell people I’ll be away for 3 weeks for security reasons and it might also scare away customers.

2. What should I do with my phone? I won’t have a phone in China.

3. Last time I went to China, my email wouldn’t work because I was signing in from China. They wanted to send a security code to my phone. But I didn’t have a phone, so I was kind of screwed. How can I make sure my yahoo email will work?

4. How can I fill my pipeline for when I get back? I haven’t had many customers who want to wait.

How can you give estimates if you can’t have contact with potential customers and how can you fill your pipeline if you can’t give estimates?

I would just put an auto-reply message on my phone stating that I would be out of service until a certain date and that I would contact them upon getting started back.

Based on your post, I don’t see that you have a lot of options…assuming you have no one stateside to contact them.

That’s why I have to make sure the email is working.

Well…I guess you better carry the phone so they can send the digital key.

But, you said that your customers are impatient…so, I am not sure that email will help as it is hard to wash a house, through email.

Leave a voice mail message that tells when you have openings. Mine currently says mid August. Check your messages in 3 weeks.

2 Likes

Do you have a friend you can trust to answer your phone calls and emails? Have them reach your leads and if he can provide a quote and set your appointments. Imagine getting off the plane and having work to jump right into.

Set up an auto reply on your email saying I wont have service until this date and will reply when I return. Do you have an android phone? If so you can call/text through hangouts over wifi. If you have issues connecting to the web just bring your laptop and get a free vpn service like cyberghost to connect to the web in the US.

If your not that tech savvy give me a call and I can walk through some options with you.

Scott
314-681-0232