Getting paid

I am very new to this. My hardest thing is bring up the payment. How does everyone go about it? Do you get paid before the job, after or What? Just curious on how or what the best way is to go about it.

Be confident. We send a formal estimate with before pics of the project using joist. Check out joistapp.com. I snap pics and type up the estimate with my phone and send it to them within minutes of us meeting. When the job is over you don’t have to be shy about asking for payment. You’ve already set expectations and customers expect to pay when the job is finished.

If you need an icebreaker, after the walkthrough, ask if they’re happy with the work. Once you get confirmation ask should I run to the truck to get the credit card swiper or will you be paying with a check or cash.

You did the work. The customers expect to pay. They’re happy. You’ve earned it.

1 Like

residential, paid upon completion if they can not be home leave me a check on the property

Ive got a girl now that wanted before and after pics (which I sent) and even said she didn’t want to pay someone before the work was done because she’s “been had” before. When I sent the pics she was really happy with the result. Annnnddd I still haven’t received payment. Thurs will be one week. we agreed on her paying me through PayPal. That’s the only issue I’ve had so far.