Free Orlando UAMCC convention

Just curious if anyone here will be attending the Free convention in Orlando on October 16-18?

Not if I lived in Orlando, on the same street, in the same building.

I am interested in these conventions, could you please tell me what makes this one not worth going to?

Hahaha please elaborate, no I’m like half excited about going lol

I really enjoyed to PWRA convention. This is the only forum and trade association I belong to. Mostly because I can only keep up with so much and also because I tried to register for the UAMCC and didn’t get approved.

Someone from the UAMCC even texted me to “verify” and then crickets.

I live in orlando and I’m new to the business. Always listen to what you guys have to say. I wasn’t aware of this convention. I’m looking for as much positive information I can get about this business. I have just started doing houses these past two weeks. I have 3 under my belt and have 2 more coming up in this next week. I’m happy about how it’s going and can’t wait to be telling you guys some day about how my business has grown to having it be a full time passion. And how I finally upgraded my machine to a 8gpm Honda with an udor pump. I try to read as much as I can. And appreciate what you all put out there and try and help and educate. So should I go to this uamcc convention?

Yes, they have some good classes and it’s cheap or if you’re a member it’s free. I’ve been to several of their conventions but personally have gotten more out of their smaller regional get togethers. Lot smaller classes and can get to know the other washers in that area. But there will be a huge vendor area and some good classes at the national convention. I’m signed up to go, but not going to be able to make it since I have to fly in to Orlando that same Thursday for a prior commitment and I just can’t be gone an entire week.

1 Like

With all due respect, i imagine IB’s reasons to avoid the convention are probably more relevant to him than you.

Anyone that can go to the UAMCC should go. It’s free, and packed full of the biggest names in the industry, giving some awesome classes… did i mention it’s free? There’s literally no downside, except for travel/lodging needs.

I really really wish i could go, but not sure if im going to be able to yet. Still haven’t ruled it out. Matter of fact, i received an order from the power wash store today, and they had included a raffle ticket for a give away with the order… more of an incentive to get me there, haha. They are giving away a ton of stuff… $10k worth i think.

I think the UAMCC guys are awesome. I’m sure he has ruffled peoples feathers, but i love Ron M’s drive and passion for the organization and industry. He is constantly posting fresh (and old haha) content on Facebook, and he is huge on helping each other… especially new people, never discouraging them from asking questions, even if they have been asked 1000 times.

It’s free. It’s good. Go.

Disclaimer: Not a member, but might be some day. I’ve attended one of their regional events, where they gave some free short training presentations… great experience.

2 Likes

I agree with @tireshark. If it’s free and close I would go. If you pick up a thing or two that makes you money above the money and time you lost by going then it’s worth it.

The best part about 'Merica is you can make your own choices and decide if they were wise choices or not and you can still keep your friends while you’re at it.

Except for politics apparently. :wink:

16th to the 18th? Ugh why can’t they do this when I have a day off? I would love to go!

Wait a minute, I have the 17th off! Do I have to register?

1 Like

yes, go to http://www.uamccevents.com/

Thank you

Is there anybody in Florida that would possibly be willing to help me with some welding?

Man that gets me shop excited I might drive down there. What are you working on?

1 Like

Building a ladder rack on my trailer and a side wall. Have a bunch of angle iron and square tube but no welding skills to bring it all together lol unfortunately it’s not something I want to tackle with a stick welder, definitely need to MIG it

I also want to hang reels from the rack on top

Find a holein the wall place that’s offers welding. I’m talking about the plywood sign nailed to a tree that says, “Bait, small engine repair and welding”. Cut your steel how you want it, run the grinder of the ends to be welded, draw a picture of what you want and get you some hundred dollar bills.

1 Like

Haha oh trust me I’ve been creeping craigslist for that exact thing. Been busy, hoping to find a place this weekend. Will post some after photos if I can get it done

You got it easy. I got my manhood questioned when I said I was a bad welder. You can find a cheap mig welder on CL and practice (I’m still in practice mode.) I just ordered this book today too so I could do some studying. Lol