Foundation

When i quote a price, I quote on the siding. Gutters and decks are additional. Do you guys charge extra for the foundation?

I don’t. I also include gutters (outside). Foundations around here are only a foot or two. I thought about charging more for gutters, but can not find anything that will consistantly clean them.

We have never had a problem with Gutter Grenade consistently cleaning gutters.

Same here. Although they aren’t always perfect, its always a drastic improvement. Never had a complaint. Just set the customers expectations.

Not always perfect?? Your doing something wrong whether its dwell time, concentration of mix or just not spending enough time “working” the area. In cooler temps you’re looking for trouble but above 50 you should be fine.

Did a job last week. Kept upping the ratio till I was at 1:4. Scrubbed the Hell out of it, which gives ample dwell time. And you could still see faint stripes. Not perfect but Damn good

wrong, if it was enough dwell time and/or strong enough mix, you would not see the stripes

Ugh. No. Not wrong.

I make a nice strong mix for gutters. We get most of them clean 90% of through time. Now if the gutters are painted i don’t clean them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Next step was 50% f13. That’s over kill. These were so dirty you could only tell that they were white by looking on the underside.

I’ve used the gutter grenade straight with ok results. For the last month or two my new mix has been working really good. Not sure if it’s a temperature thing, but they don’t always come out great.

If we are using the same stuff and my gutters always come out spotless and yours don’t, than YES, you are doing something wrong. I have washed miles of gutters and they alway come out great as long as it is warm enough outside, 50+ degrees…

But you continue offering excuses to your customers, thats not my problem! I was only trying to help

GG does not work very well straight, it needs to be mixed with water to start the chemical reaction.

Yes, mix Gutter Grenade with water per instructions. A little goes a lonnnng way.
If you still had stripes it’s possible that the gutters had been painted and the stripes were under the paint. I had that happen a couple of times.

How long dwell time and are you applying it with a brush?

I know early spring I had problems, could be temp. issues.

We usually mix or gg 17:1 as per the instructions. Most of the time this works great. Sometimes may need to apply a second coat. When it’s hot or in the sun we do about 10-15 feet at a time. Brush it on let it dwell a couple minutes and then scrub and rinse. You need to make sure it doesn’t dry on there. Some gutters do require a stronger mix maybe 8:1. If your mix is to strong you can take some gutters right to the metal. Cooler weather does require a stronger mix. Sometimes we cannot completely remove the black streaks. I tell the customer beforehand that the whitening works 95% of the time and that there may be some lite streaks left. As with any services it’s all about managing the customers expectations.

scrubbed with a brush. i scrub about 10-20 feet. then go back over it.

this wasnt spring. it was last week.

i dont make excuses. i set expectations. explaining to someone before hand what the results may be is setting an expectation. trying to explain why afterwards is making excuses.

i’m scrubbing the solution on, allowing adequate dwell time and rebrushing. solution mixed to recommended dilutions and increased. i know that im not doing anything wrong. it is usually perfect, and if not they are “great”, never had a complaint. i can think of twice as to where it wasnt. and because of those two times, i advise my customers of such.

so…
back to foundations.

anyone else charge more for the foundation, work it into your quote. i have a lot of walk out basements around here. i’m not so concerned about the foundations that are only a foot below the siding.

Walkout basements we add a little on for. Most of my quotes are done over the phone so we are pretty much standard pricing based on house size.