Float switch

Thinking of adding this to my water tank.
It water getd too low it will shut off PW

Don’t do it

Any particular reason?

Do it. Innocent runs Udor pumps, which are basically bulletproof to abuse, and can run dry for hours on end without imploding on themselves. He forgets that most people have General or Cat pumps, which are much more sensitive to cavitation. For him, the most inconvenient thing is the machine cutting off for “no reason”. Not catastrophic pump failure.

I have a float switch on my machine, and I’m glad I do. It has saved my pump on a couple of occasions when I was out of sight of my trailer, and the water supply wasn’t keeping up.

If there is a small discrepancy in flow rate, sometimes the switch will cut off just enough that it makes the engine start to stall, and I can let off the trigger before it cuts off completely.

Be careful of which switch you buy, and get a few of them. Read the reviews. Some of them are known to fuse in the closed (on) position, and become useless at shutting off when the water level drops. Any of them will do this if the current ratings are exceeded, but from my measurements, it’s a very low current that runs through the shutoff circuit (on Hondas, at least).

1 Like

Tyvm.
What branf you have? Model?

It will get old real quick having to go back and restart your machine each time it runs low on water. From reading your website you should be doing some back to basic research, not this stuff. You are to funny. If you are going to steal content for your website it should at least be accurate. I found the same content on 7 sites lol. Here is one for your amusement.

Let’s start with the premise that water cleans not pressure.

Below is the perfect example of an attempt to clean with pressure and not water.
Soft wash incorporates special low-pressure nozzles on the end of a pressure washing gun or wand. That’s combined with a biodegradable chemical that removes the biological elements (mold, algae, pollen, dirt, moss) and other stains without damaging surfaces on your home or killing your plants.
Not only does the soft washing method clean surfaces, such as you roof, deck, patio, siding or fence, safely and thoroughly, it also maintains paint and masonry longer.
The only time full pressure (4000 psi) should be used is to pressure wash concrete with a surface cleaner that defuses pressure through two nozzles.

It is the temperature of the water that determines whether it is suitable to be called a power washer or not. One can achieve specific temperatures by using the thermostat gauge and because of the high temperature and pressure it is possible to remove otherwise adamant objects such as chewing gum from sidewalks. Moreover, a power washer comes handy in killing weeds and moss, or removing mildew and mould. Power washers work the best when there is a lot of matter to tackle or deal with.

Pressure Wash
Pressure wash depends entirely on the delivery of forced of water rather than temperature. and chemicals. Cleaning masonry, brick, concrete is the most suited to a pressure washer. In fact, when there is no mould or ground dirt to contend with, a pressure washer tends to provide a quick and efficient cleaning solution.

Power Wash vs Pressure Wash
In every sense a power washer and a pressure washer is the same. The only real difference lies in the temperature of the water used with hot water. A pressure washer almost always uses cold or normal water while a power washer uses a high pressurized stream of hot water. Basically, power washers are not related with cold water while pressure washers can use waters of just about any temperature.

Soft Wash vs Power Wash
Soft washers use pressure washers at low pressure and rely on chemicals to clean, but not rely on hot water.

1 Like

Ouch.

@Ikii, I’m sorry, but I don’t help plagiarists. Even if you’re “borrowing” content that’s been borrowed a lot before.

Also, you may want to fire your web designer. Check out the description for “wood restoreation” (sic)

Welcome to the Carolinas. It’s full of nuts. This is why I get grumpy sometimes. I have to deal with these clowns all the time.

1 Like

The good thing is your phone has a full charge this early in the morning

2 Likes

Oh, that won’t last long, lol.

Darn it MAN! It’s all so confusing, I just don’t know what to plagiarize.:joy::rofl::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Key points:

Wash with pressure, not water. Or not

Pressure wash is really fast water

Power wash is really fast water that is hot

Soft wash is chemicals but not hot water.

Lol, If you’re going to be a thief, at least steal something accurate that has been thru spell check.

1 Like

Damn thanks will check it out.
Template based website.
Probably changed when my website host changed their format to “mobile friendly”

Anyone using a low water kill switch? Any good experiences with it and how have you wired it?
And please, stay on topic.

You should know pretty easily that you’re out of water… never heard of a low water kill switch. Is it something at a vendor?

What if you are 250 feet away from the machine when you run out of water?

Then stop spraying water. With a float switch you have to walk 250 feet to your truck to restart your machine. Get an udor or a good pump and it won’t matter if it runs dry while the water catches up

releasing trigger still runs the pump dry.

It’s just a float switch that kills the ignition. Mike K put it on youtube 6 or 7 years ago and people keep finding it

1 Like

Not if water is still coming into the tank. Like I mentioned, get a good punp so you Dobt have to worry abour it. Water runs out, check voicemails for a couple of minutes and go back to work