Fleet Washing Pricning

Hello,

I don’t even have the slightest clue on general pricing on fleet. I know every area is going to dictate general pricing but my major question is just in general how to price the wash. The company has asked for the exterior of the 8-12 to be washed bi weekly and the interior once a month. Below I attached a link to the fleet yard and the trucks. Any help in guiding me to understand fleet washing a little more would help. We operate on 8 gpm machine with hotbox.

I use to work for a guy and helped him wash trucks. Im not 100% on his prices thought.

Their is a lot of information you left out which really dictates the price in general. Are all the trucks 18 wheelers? looks like a few box trucks in the mix so different prices. If you are cleaning the 18 wheeler are they wanting just the cab or the trailer as well? When i work for this guy, on some trucks the company wanted the full package like chrome cleaning of wheels, gas tank, stacks, engine decreasing and more. On others we would only wash the exterior cab. Depending on how dirty they are the first wash could be more for the first cleaning then drop the price to a consistent weekly amount. Also will you be two-steping or one-step, this will dictate how fast and home much soap you use. Will they have water on sight, will you have to reclaim and transport. Where i work water was on sight but not where we where washing so we had to fill up a tote and move water around, this takes time. Prices of chemical, and the speed that you can get the job done are different for everyone so no one price will ever work. Only you know what your overhead and general expense are, and only you can price something to make a profit to stay in business.

I recommend you go out and do a demo/test run for free. Time your self see how fast you can work, and how much soap you may use. After that you might have a better understanding and will be able to bid it a little better. Make them see the value of your service

Thanks for the reply. You gave me a lot of good information to think about. I’m new to fleet washing so honestly I didn’t even know what questions to ask. Yes all the trucks are box trucks. They want exterior of truck cleaned every 2 weeks and inside trailer once a month. They just want a simple wash of exterior nothing fancy. I will not be reclaiming. I’m just doing one step. There is water on sight.

After you’ve done cleaning I would do a PURETi application on the outside of the trailer and use Vital Oxide inside. PURETi is a titanium dioxide coating that will modify the surface of the trailer so that dirt won’t stick to it. The other added benefit if the trailer will eat pollution. If you’re working with a large corporation you can sell the environmental sustainability. The trailer will also be self-cleaning so they won’t need to wash them as often.

Vital Oxide is sprayed inside the trailer and will disinfect it. Depending on what they are hauling they might actually require a disinfection step. Vital Oxide will at least make the trailer inside smell better.

1 Like

Don’t even touch them… here they want truck cab engine wheels
to much work for to little of money for me

1 Like

For you guys washing trucks do you find it necessary to use hot water. I’ve got a lead on some junk removal trucks but it’s not my usual gig so I’m not sure if I should follow up on it. Some parts are pretty greasy.

i do 40-50 every week all year round for $40 a semi cab/frame/wheels. Once a month i do engines for $10 a truck. 3-5 trailers every week also. Not my favorite thing to do but its all year round and steady

Hi, what pureti is it? The glass cleaner? Is the titanium dioxide powder the same thing?

Also how to you apply the vital oxide and on what surface? Spray and wipe? Dash, chairs, steering wheel?

There are two types of PURETi formulations that both have titanium dioxide in them. The spray and wipe version is probably what you’ve seen marketed as a “glass cleaner”. It can be bought either in a ready to use trigger sprayer or in a gallon jug. PURETi inside the cab will eliminate odors as well as make it easy to wipe off the windows with a microfiber and water between cleaning.

The commercial version has to be applied using a compressor and either a paint gun or electrostatic applicator. The commercial coverage is 3000 sq ft per gallon. PURETi applied to the cab and trailer does two things. First, the coating eliminates the pollution that two large trucks generate in one year (or the equivalent of 10 passenger cars). Second, it makes the surface self-cleaning so that when it rains the soil on the truck will wash off keeping the truck/trailer cleaner between cleanings.

Vital oxide can be applied using a pump-up sprayer or by electrostatic sprayer. Vital oxide can go on all surfaces (inside cab, inside trailer) and is an EPA registered sanitizer and disinfectant that kills mold, mildew, “bugs”, and eliminates odors.

1 Like