First Post and introduction

Hello All,

My name is Vernon Dunn and I own Master Touch, Inc. Window Cleaning and Pressure Washing. I am located in Winterville, NC and do most of my business in Greenville, NC and within a 50 mile radius of the home base. I’ve been playing in the water and getting paid for it since 1990.
My question is to any that want to respond. What mixture do the vast majority of you guys use to clean mildew and dirt off of houses?
I got hooked on Jomax and bleach a long time ago and am looking for a much less expensive mixture. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

1 Like

2 gallons of SH, 3 gallons water, 3-5 ounces of Elemonator.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2 gallons 12.5SH, 3 gallons h2o, 3 ounces Fresh Wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Pressure Washing Resource mobile app

Exactly!

Welcome to the PWRA site, Vernon.

Like the guys have said, Fresh Wash and Elemonator are awesome. I personally prefer Fresh Wash but really they’re both on such a higher level compared to Jomax that you would be thrilled either way. Keep in mine that SH is sodium hypochlorite and it’s the active ingredient in store bought bleach. So when someone is referring to 2 gallons of SH that equates to on average 4 gallons of fresh store bought bleach.

Fresh wash can be found at: 5 gallons

http://www.powerwash.com/420-fresh-wash.html

Elemonator at: 1 gallon

http://m.pressuretek.com/el1ga.html

I personally use elemonator, but don’t think you can go wrong with either.

If I can help you in anyway don’t hesitate to call or text me anytime: Matthew Adkjns 434-251-4114

welcome! I grew up close to Greenville, Kinston/Lagrange it’s been many years since I partied downtown with the Pirates, I use Elemonator also. Bob at Pressuretek is a good guy :slight_smile:

Josh Rouse
Carolina Clean
716-680-1326
josh2726@gmail.com

3 gal SH (I can only get 8.25% around here), 2 gallons of water, scoops of Simple Cherry.

I use 8.25 from Walmart quite a bit. Not a bad price, either. I just hate the one gallon containers you have to deal with.

Do you guys who use 8.25% SH for House Wash, use it also for your Roof Wash? If so , at what rate? I can’t get 12.5% here either in Central Virginia but I can get 8.25% at Sam’s Club.

Sent from my iPhone using Pressure Washing Resource

Hey bud, your not that far away from me, maybe about 45 minutes. I’m pretty sure the place I get my 12.5% at will deliver to you. Send me a text and I’ll send you some information if your interested. 434-251-4114 Matthew Adkins

Thanks Matthew, I will call you later today.

Sent from my iPhone using Pressure Washing Resource

Sounds good, I don’t have the best cell phone service where I’m working today so if it goes to voicemail just leave a message so I will know how to call you back.

[MENTION=993]Vernon Dunn[/MENTION]

Hey Welcome Vernon

New on here as well, glad I found this forum lots of valuable info.

I purchase my SH from pool/plumbing supply companies (Gorman or Horner). It’s like an SH ‘gas station’ for pool and pressure washers. At $1.07/galon

Hi Vern…also new to this forum but have 9 years in the biz. Always on the lookout for same. I downstream (pink and blue tip from Lowe’s about$15) most 2 story jobs and use pumpup for smaller ones. My mix is pretty cheap. Food Lion bleach is 8.25% @ $3 gal. Awesome orange oxygen bleach@ $ Tree for, yep, a buck. And dawn platinum dish detergent. Here goes, but depending on degree of mold and mildew. For moderate to heavy mildew in 2 gal pump up. 1.5 gal. Oxygen bleach (3-4 scoops diluted in very warm water, 1/2 gal sh and 3-4 squirts of Dawn. Pretty dawn gone cheap and works great. You can watch the green turn brown and then disappear in about 3 minutes. Homeowners have watched and say it’s like magic. Just don’t tell them everything in your sprayer. Downstream may take 2-3 applications. Call me if you want to talk more. I’m in Boone. Lots of green stuff up here. Good luck. David
Under Pressure of Boone