First house wash - A couple questions

We just did our first house wash and it turned out great. The house is a newer one worth around 1.2 million, however it was absolutely covered in spider webs with eggs etc which proved very difficult to get off due to how sticky they are. I had to use higher pressure in some areas which I do not want to do. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for chemicals to degrade them so I can rinse them off with low pressure. Also another question, how do you go about cleaning the soffits under the gutters? Doesn’t seem like a good idea to pressure wash them as I would think too much water would get into the attic area, and even when you do, dirty water drips from them and never really stops. Thanks for any suggestions!

Are you cleaning from a ladder ? No need to if you have the right equipment. Bleach and water will solve both problems. You might have to hit the webs with a slightly stronger mix, and let it dwell a bit longer, but bleach and water will break them down allowing you to rinse them down. Rinsing them down can be an art , as they are more difficult to get them down on stucco homes. The soffits --same story, a little stronger bleach mix. Let dwell slightly longer if you must, and then while rinsing I always gently rinse them and then if there’s muddy or dirty residue coming down after the rinse has settled, I lightly mist them with a green tip.I try not to get too much water up in that area. You may have to leave the house un perfect because the house drains when you leave and there’s going to be imperfections anyway after you leave. At some point I just always walk away and ask for a check. I’m not into detailing houses up as i’ve mentioned before. You get caught up in perfection, you’ll go crazy.

Elemonator from PressureTek works great on cobwebs. I wash the sofit just the same as everything else, soap and rinse. No need to absolutely soak them with the tons of extra water.

1 Like

LOL. You have got to be one of the strangest people on these boards in the past few years

1 Like

Why is that ?

Why in the world do you think people are getting paid to endorse eliminator? By your own admission you said you wash with a green tip, plugged and injector with a bolt and jb weld, have only washed 900 houses in 13 years and don’t think that soap is necessary for cleaning, you leave houses dirty because it takes to long to do it correctly. But yet you profer advise like someone you actually does this for a living. That’s why I think you are a nut. Hopefully no one listens to you and your customers are the only ones getting screwed.

3 Likes

eLemonator helps in the spider web department. The bleach in your house wash mix will help break them down as well. The soffits need to be washed and you would be hard pressed to actually be able to get water into the attic. Wash it, rinse it, and move on.

Make sure that the work is complete and that the client is satisfied. Be wary of advice from people that would say that a job partially done is okay. It’s not. Keep going, you’ll be fine.

1 Like

You get caught up doing crappy work and being happy with it, you’ll end up telling other people that crap work is acceptable. It’s not. Please refrain from giving advice until you’ve learned how to clean.

1 Like

JB weld was used on my 13 h.p.'s built in unloader when I had to add a higher quality chemical pickup .I plugged the injector hole up with a screw and JB weld so no air would get in. ( you understand physics ?) . Not my main machine but use it as a back up. Someone on here thought they were stuck using their built in pick up that came with their unloader.They’re not now, after my advice. I’m now at 980 homes in 13 years yes. These homes range from 400k to 600k range . Some higher. These are high end homes made out of different materials changing every year. I find that I stay out of liability issues by NOT jumping on the band wagon of some opportunist pushing some carefully crafted named cleaner onto the pressure washing industry. It may do something magical.It also may react to a certain type of material on the house and then i’m in deep shit with a liability issue. In 13 years, i’ve messed up one garage door and 3 indoor pillows a woman had outside on her front porch. I should have did my touch test-to see what kind of material it was ), I was in a hurry. I don’t wash coastal one story homes like you in mass production. The homes I was are in country clubs , and high end neighborhoods. I’m well know all over the county. You want to wash your 10 homes a day go for it. Not the market i’m in… Not the market I want to be in. I deal with the rich. They lead me to more rich people and more side work.This is how I stay alive , while other fly by nights go under . Probably went under with a giant liability issue. This should be the biggest concern of a ROOKIE pressure washing guy. NOT using Dragon Juice or Elemonator. This is my only point for these rookies,.Don’t worry about that issue at this point in the game. Get out there and learn how to wash a home with bleach and water and stay out of trouble,. Try that for about 5 years and then you can tinker around with your mix My advice about the soffits is don’t keep blasting water up in there because all you’re doing is causing more problems .Let it drain a bit and then to get rid of the dirty residue you’ll have to mist it from the ground with a green tip. Some of these rookies ( and I did it myself ) spend too much time trying to get it perfect. You’ll wear yourself down , especially if the volume of houses start going up.

The advice is to not wear yourself down trying to be a perfectionist. Rookies have a tendency to do this. I recall doing it when I first started out. I couldn’t leave the property until it was perfect. In hindsight , it wasn’t practical.It wasn’t profitable.You know exactly what i’m talking about.

Nope. Don’t know what you are talking about. Don’t care. Just wish you would quit messing with all these new guys when you have no idea what you are doing. It makes all of us look bad.

2 Likes

nope…I don’t know anything.

2 Likes