Fatboy 12v pump verdict and lessons learned

The pump is set up as a temporary solution and I’m looking forward to making it a more permanent fixture for dryvit work. I’ve installed it so we can knock out the mega church we have next week without fussing with X-jets.

Today I broke it in by cleaning a roof using only info I’ve gotten from the forum so thanks for that. It worked beautifully for the 2 hours I used it this morning but the test is going to be the mega church.

Lesson number 1: if you’re going to use fittings you got instead of the right ones for the job, don’t. I didn’t use a ton of mix, but no matter how much thread tape or tightening of the kuritec hose to a 1/2 inch coupler I was getting a decent leak. A little more than a drip. It was on the asphalt street so no big deal. A little rinse here and there and no harm.

Lesson number 2: add cling on last. This was a real bone headed thing to do. I added it before I added the water to the mix. I was going to use the excuse that I add Elemonator to the SH in my chem tank before I put the SH in and then I remembered I don’t do that at all.

I’ll add pics of the temporary set up this afternoon, but I’m headed to do a house wash shortly.

14 Likes

Roof looks good

2 Likes

Squid squid squid… Didn’t I tell you to fill the tank with water first then ad Sh then soap…, hahaha… its ok your trailer needed cleaning anyway.
Don’t know why you have a leak. In a little confused about the metal fitting. Maybe you cross threaded it? Any ways on one end is the plastic poly gun lots of tape just a little over hand tight so it don’t break. And on the other end is the poly banjo fitting. So where do you have metal on metal?

The top shot is the after photo correct.

Awesome set up you have there. I am very interested in roof washing and soft washing. Not there quite yet, I got to get better at house washing first though.

Have you noticed any differences between clingon and roof snot?

You should be soft washing as your house washing correct?

1 Like

@squidskc How much mix did you use on this roof about? End result turned out great!

Sucks when they don’t have gutters

@Greg755 I was listening to you, but I neglected to tell you I’d already done it because I had forgotten about it. lol I can already tell you it was a one off experience.

I’m a little embarrassed to show you the fittings I threw on to get through the day with it, but it’s what I had. Barbed cam lock fittings are already on the way.

@AquaTeamPowerWash thanks man. I used 20ish gallons. It was only the North side.

@awesomewash1 I don’t do a lot of roofs so I e just been x-jetting and all I’ve ever used was Elemonator for surfactant with the exception of maybe fresh wash (?) when I first started DS-ing so I don’t have a wide range of knowledge on surfactants. This was my first time using Cling On and I was super happy with it. Whatever pressuretek has is what I’m gonna use.

@bluewave18ft I built a tarp ramp from the gutters to over the plants. I’d do the same if there was no gutter just clip it to the fascia and maybe even a stapler. I get super skiddish about SH over my DS ratio and probably over protect things.

2 Likes

For everyone wondering about the fighter jet toggle switch… yes. The extra $3 was totally worth it. I think it added 1000% power boost upgrade technology also.

8 Likes

I just take extra time and rinse it in

SO, back to the verdict: Fatboy yes?, or Fatboy no? I’m really on the fence here, and I hold your opinion in high esteem.

I liked it. I think I’d prefer to have my gas powered pump built, but I have nowhere for it yet. I got a solar battery charger for this one because I’m trying to save the planet ya know. Just kidding, but my only fear with the 12 v is the battery will die on some of these long days on commercial jobs.

On the plus side the 12 v is super duper compact minus the hose. I have 200+ feet of 5/8 inch flexzilla hose, and the 1/2" kuritec hose is 200’ but seems enormous.

If you’re looking for compact and less than 7 hours out of it I’d say yes for sure.

Now that’s some plumbing right there… You get extra credit fir the copper union. Lol.
You may joke about the “rocket switch” but get to a job and find your battery is dead because you had a regular switch and some thing bumped it and you’ll be happy you got the rocker kind…

1 Like

Spare battery hook it up with the current battery. and get a battery tender, with the little charging leads. Also buy a spare pump you can leave it In the box behind your seat.

1 Like

I was happy about the switch before I even put it on. Lol

True story. I have no idea where I even got the copper union. I have two buckets of hardware and misc building materials and some of it came from garage sales. That’s the only thing I can think of.

What size is that smaller tank on the left?

Im using my “im not searching before I ask” question of the month. I have a useless 110v plug in the fancy new work truck. I’m assuming it will be useless for charging the battery for my 12v pump right?

35 gallons.

@Sharpe I have no clue. I think there may be a way to wire your trailer to charge it if you have 7 pin trailer hook up. At least I think I read that somewhere. Maybe even on this forum?

@Sharpe https://www.etrailer.com/question-37012.html check out the video on the right hand side.

Interesting. I wonder if I’ll ever find something that actually works on those useless 110v plugs. So far I’ve tried a circular saw, a 18v battery charger and a small pancake compressor. All have worked but not very well. It bearly charges my maglight. Mine as well put those little plastic blockers in them from when my daughter was a baby. Them I can show the lady from osha how safety cautious I am :thinking: