EDDM marketing campaign results and door hanger results

Hi guys I am just starting out and I am trying Google ad words but so far no results. I have been reading here that a lot of you are using EDDM and door hangers can you share some thoughts how it is working for you?

Don’t know what the hale EDDM is but signs and door hangers are a Must.
I got in a million dollar house subdivision yesterday to look/bid on a job.
While there I put out 12 door hangers on mail boxes and have already got one call to come back…
u call nitty34 who I got mine from or Tim4 they will fix u up…

Where exactly are you putting the door hangers? I know that is illegal to open someone’s mailbox and you can get a fine for that.

I did the campaign on my own

Fattdaddy where are you placing the yard signs and what how many?

I put door hangers on Mailbox flags…
I went out of town today and bid on a job in a nice neighbor hood and got the job… While there I put out 10 door hangers on mail boxes

Of my 10 signs I put out 6, 2 are gone somebody got them or wind took them off, I have in all got about 20 calls since I put them out… The out of town trip today the lady got off a sign. I have now got 8 jobs to do…just because of signs
now my newspaper has got me 3 calls 2 jobs as well… That ad cost me $110
a month it is now a 2" . The 2 jobs total made me $1,000… The ad now says Check US out on Facebook… bystander told me the check me out did not look as good and it did not… add

1 Like

Thank you very much for the detailed answer! I just have a couple concerns the guy from the post office told me that if I put something in the mail box or on the mail box (the flag) I can get a fine up to 10 000 $ and that is a federal offense. Also I did put 6 signs but instead of telling the people of the service I was branding. My sign was on the top the name of the company with the biggest letters in the middle the phone and in the bottom the website. I put them around the town near store plazas and on the streets. I got 0 calls and the signs were removed in 2 days from someone. If you can give me some tips where to put them some specific areas I would appreciate it !!!

Kanex,

The USPS guy is right. Legally the postal service owns the mailbox and the post - interior and exterior. If you put anything IN the box, you’re gonna get clipped. If it’s on the outside of the box, as FatDaddy does, it all boils down to how big a dick the mailman wants to be. Technically he could collect them all and you’d get a phone call and a tongue lashing (they won’t fine you unless you repeatedly do it after being told not to). But keep in mind FD lives in a rather rural area of TN. I’m guessing people there are probably more tolerant than in other cities. But as far as items on the outside of the box it’s pretty damn subjective.

If you put signs in a commercial area, at stoplights, in shopping centers, etc… then you’re just asking for them to get removed. If someone put a sign in my yard without asking I’d remove it. The city will take signs in public areas without permission. In fact, there are companies that make very good money putting real estate signs OUT in public areas on Friday afternoons and taking the IN on Sunday evenings. Before the city can get to them Monday morning. But the loss of the sign isn’t the most important reason not to put them there.

The worst reason to put them there is because it’s not a captive audience.

If you were going for simply ‘I want the most people to see this sign’ then yes. Put them at hugely popular intersections on the busiest roads in town. The most people will see them. But if the objective is to get the most JOBS from the signs, they need to be the front yards of people for whom you’ve done work. Mrs. Smith won’t give a darn about a sign she sees in front of Walmart (unless her house is REALLY dirty), but she WILL care about a sign she sees in front of her neighbor’s house, which happens to be sparkling clean, which happens to make her own house look worse. The power of ‘My neighbor’s house now looks better than mine’ is immeasurable. That’s where your calls will come from.

Good luck

N

I use adwords express and so far 0 luck with it my budget is 300$ a month

I use adwords express and so far 0 luck with it. My budget is 300$ a month

Are you doing AdWords yourself? Unless you really know what you are doing (certified by Google) you are probably wasting money. The guy I’m using is getting me anywhere from 2 to 7 calls a day and my sales have taken off. I’m using Clicked Solutions in Houston. If you want to contact him the phone number is 713-480-3897 or 713-965-7979. Text or call. Good Luck. I’ve also used EDDM and you have to know the area very well or you will end up mailing to apartments or townhomes. We hang Christmas lights in November and it works great for that. I’ve also done door hangers without much success.

2 Likes

@bonefish how did you find that guy? I’m looking for someone like that in my area, but don’t know where to begin to look!

Looks like you are in Georgia. He can work for you there. Give him a call and tell him Robbie said to call. His name is Waqid (pronounced Wa-kit). His # is 713-480-3897.

1 Like

I’m actually in Mississippi but I’m sure he can! I’m going to get with him after the weekend. What kind of work load are you getting on a weekly basis from it? And ballpark cost?

I started AdWords a couple of weeks ago and it is early in the season but I’m getting 2-3 calls a day and I’ve already bid on a $6000 and a $18000 apartment job and have done a $1300 commercial job and a number of smaller residential jobs. The hurricane hurt Houston bad and I think it may be a slower start this year. My budget for AdWords is $2000 per month. Last year I was running between $15000 and $45000 a month until the hurricane hit in August.

2 Likes

Haha that’s a LOT bigger work load than me. I do residential only part time, as I have a full time career with the railroad. I’m only looking to do about a house every afternoon during the week, and 2 to 3 houses on Fridays and Saturdays. I’ve got good equipment and a good understanding of all the pricing and such, just need a better and more profitable form of advertising.

All of my ads are aimed at commercial jobs so I probably get fewer calls that if I was after residential. I would talk to Waqid and get him to target residential and give him whatever budget you feel comfortable with.

1 Like