Downstreming help

Hi i started Pressure Washing 1 year ago
And I love the business and the work
But It’s really hard to find someone to share their experience so anything you can tell me will be more then help full

I do mostly concrete driveways , deck siding
But I don’t fell my mix it’s extrong here is my set up
Pressure washer 2.500 psi 5 Gpm
Downstream 10.1

I’m using 3 gal bleach 12% 2 gal water and laundry detergent small amount .

I have a job stucco with mold in north area soon
Any help will mean a lot thank you for your time .

downstream straight 12.5 or xjet

DITCH the laundry soap !! The mix in the bucket is plenty strong. If it takes a while to empty that bucket of bleach and water, you may need a different chemical pick up.One with a LARGER orifice ( hole) … 2:1 I think the one I got says 2:1 on the side of it. Works wonderful.Can draw chemical with 200 ft. of hose. I pour about 2 gals. of 12.5% in my bucket and the rest water. and then tweak if I need a stronger mix for something .

I agree with the “ditch the laundry soap”. I’ve read that it can actually break down the bleach depending on what type it is. A lot of guys use around 50/50 of 12% SH and some type of surfactant, like Elemonator. I’ve got some on order myself. It’s also recommended that you get some large orifice nozzles (if you don’t already have some), which you can also get from Down Stream Nozzle Kit - Pressure Tek . Just select the correct GPM for your machine. They will go the distance. Then, just like the comment above, you can tweak on the fly depending on the severity of the mold.

A typical driveway I DS straight 12.5% and some detergent (Gain) - Then surface clean.
A very dirty driveway I use the X-Jet to apply a stronger solution - Then surface clean.

Stucco I DS straight 12.5% - no detergent - let dwell then rinse. Do not use any high pressure on the stucco, especially if the paint is oxidizing.

Harry

I pretty much always DS straight 12.5% with a couple ounces of snot. Sticks well and leaves the windows nice. I just finished a large stucco church that DS’ing straight bleach would not clean despite applying 3 times. Ended up applying a stronger mix with my air diaphragm roof system and it worked like magic. Ended up mixing 10 gallons of bleach with 40 gallons of water to make it work.

thank you all for taking the time to reply it means a lot your share.
what is a good surfactant that i can find close to any store since i don’t have a pressure washer store i will have to buy it online i guide any good surfactant that you recommend and what a surfactant really does ?

i also purchase a house wash like a year ago i never had the chance of using it
http://www.johnrwhite.net/ems_exterior_cleaning_products_pricing.htm

any body knows this product ?

also in the bottom part off the stucco the place have stone will the bleach do anything bad to it ?

i mostly clean vinyl siding this is the first time in stucco thank you again for your time .

I’ve never had any stone ruined by bleach…

thank you for the input
so im going with 2 gal of DS 12% 2 gal of water and some dawn detergent i read it was good for dirt.

that with a 2.1 5 to 8gpm downstreamer you think that should work?

I wouldn’t do that just for the simple fact you might kill grass. Power wash then go over with a light bleach mix. It will also save money on the bleach cost

Jonathan Zarzour
Xtreme Cleanz
Birmingham Alabama

What are you talking about cleaning again ? The thread has become convoluted