Downstreaming Set up on Landa PGHW

Hey guys! Just want to say how helpful this forum has been. This is my first post as I have mostly been sitting back and learning from you seasoned veterans. I am new and definitely learning as much as I can from ya’ll.

My question is about downstreaming on my Landa PGHW. The first picture shown is where I believe I should install my downstream injector. I was wondering if any of you veterans could give me advice on what exactly I am looking at and how I would go about setting it up for downstreaming.

I apologize if this an amateur question but I have been unable to find any info this particular about my current dilemma as I purchased my system used and it looks slightly different from the videos I have researched online. Thank you for your time guys! Y’all rock!

1 Like

You want your DS injector mounted right before your reel. Whip hose from pump to DS injector plugged into your swivel on hose reel.

1 Like

Thanks! @Racer.

1 Like

Ive always had my ds mounted to the pump before the whip line. What are the benefits of placing it after the whip line?

You can install it there. Most people I know with larger machines usually just put it at reel. Usually less congested there than around machine.And depending how long your whip line is may be a little closer to the end of hose, so less back pressure. If you’ve got a roll around machine have no choice except to put coming out of pump. Either will work. Just personal choice and how equipment is laid out.

2 Likes

Cool. Thanks for the info

This is good to know. I’m about 60 seconds from ordering an 8 gpm belt drive machine from Pressuretek and I think I’m going to leave it on the skid in the Tundra, but run hoses, chem tank, etc off the trailer until I get the flatbed.

Actually, another question for you, will the 8 gpm belt drive pull water from the tank if the tank is 4-5 feet away on the trailer and about 18 inches lower?

1 Like

Why aren’t you leaving the p.w. on the trailer?

I’ve only been running the trailer for about 90 days and half the time it’s a pain to use around the numerous lake neighborhoods we have around here with narrow roads and one side that falls off into oblivion. The last 25 unit apartment complex I did I’d have to back up to the breezeway, drop the trailer, then park the truck because I was taking up dang near the whole parking lot.

Next year, I’m moving everything onto a flatbed so I can be self contained on one truck for ease of access. This morning I was in a neighborhood to do the driveway and a side driveway with a trailer in it and part behind a fence. I had to park in this guy’s yard because there was no curb space. It was embarrassing. Then this afternoon I went to Lake Lotawana which is one of about 10 lake neighborhoods we’ve worked in and by a stroke of luck the house was on the only cul-de-sac on the entire lake.

I love the trailer for the advertising space and it’s easy to get into, but I hate the trailer for access reasons. The new unit I’m buying at pressuretek is 4 feet by just less than 4 feet with the burner, 700 lbs and 2/3 will sit on the tail end of the trailer because I just have no more space whatsoever.

1 Like

Hell yeah. See mine. My pw is 2ft above tank outlet and about 5’ of hose. Just make sure 1st time you crank it up initially you have hose valve open so it can blow out all the air.

2 Likes

I’d keep the trailer with at least some equipment on it. That flatbed gets sick one day and has to go into shop for a few days and you’re out of work.

I’m assuming you mean the pressure hose valve?

I’m going to keep the trailer just as it is. Have no need to change it around and I had a blast putting it together. I think I may build a small residential only truck for my 1st full time minion.

I keep seeing this little old guy with his four banger ford ranger and pest control setup in the long bed and I can only think about how the 5.5 machine and a smaller buffer tank would work perfectly outta that little setup. Throw some ladder racks on top and hire someone with window cleaning experience for my 2nd full time minion.

Sorry. The gears are always turning.

4 Likes

yes sir

1 Like

My next build going to be on a long bed pickup, mainly for house washes. I love my trailer but a pain sometimes. Put a small tote, bleach tank, 8.5 gpm, 12v with proportioner, ladder rack, and I could do 80% of what I do out of it.

1 Like

F250 short bed

4 Likes

What kinda pressure hose is that?

I don’t know. 1 wire. I get it from United Hose in Canada. 250 ft sections for $240, including shipping for 10 sections. If not it’s $275 delivered. All I’ve used for a long time.

1 Like

I’m thinking of doing something similar and carrying a small trailer for heat and a tank for roofs when i need either

I love the set up @Innocentbystander. What size is that buffer tank you have in the back of your truck? I have a short bed Tacoma and no trailer and trying to still figure out my set up. Had my second job today and when I downstream my 12% sh and elemonator it’s very watery. I was hoping for more sticky solution. I felt like when I applied it, the solution would just run. Any suggestions. I’m running a 16hp vanguard at 3500 and 5.5 gpm. I read alot of what @Racer @squidskc and @Innocentbystander have to say. Seems that you all post on everything and any question dumb or not. I appreciate you guys and all that you have to say. And I figured out how to curl my 1/2 inch double braded non marking 8k psi hose. Once I got the technique down its not too bad. But definitely have to change my hose set up.