Does anyone recommend going to a pressure washing seminar before getting started?

I’m new here and want to get into business. I don’t want to buy a machine and in 2 weeks wish I bought the other instead and I want to learn the right methods, mixtures, etc etc I live in a rural town in Ga so riding with someone and learning the business is probably not going to happen here. The nearest and only pressure washer dealers are two hours away either direction and they’re hotsy. I did go with a friend and help him in another nearby town and learned a little but he’s not very up to date and I think I learned more about what not to do. I was considering signing up for a Doug Rucker seminar . Any advise ? Oh and I love this site guys, I’m soaking it in like a sponge !

Seminars are good for networking. Get in touch with some new guys who ARE up to date with the latest equipment and techniques. At the seminar, ask “What can I do for you?” when you are talking with new people. You’ll get a lot farther if you’re offering help in some way, rather than just “hey, tell me everything you know about the business and how you make a lot of money.” That’s a take, take, take mentality. Do your best to have a give, give, give mentality and you’ll get the help you’re looking for.

That’s just general business advice for anyone starting out in a new business. The quickest way to shorten the learning curve is to find a good mentor already at the level you want to get to. Be friendly, be funny when appropriate…you’ll make friends fast.

That sounds like good advise friend. I’ll definitely use that. It pretty well goes with my nature/character anyway, humility that is. I would like to see some some setups and see some chemicals used , learn the most productive methods , buy the right equipment to start with and not waste time. Only thing is the ones that are local are not up to date and really not interested in helping a potential competitor. Thanks for your reply !