Direct Mailer Title

Im going to start my first direct mailer campaigne in early March 2018. It will be small and personal and I’m probably going to hand write alot of things. Not really being cheap more experimental to test the results in diffrent areas around me to gear up for bigger push later in the year. I’m curious about everyones experiences with these but one thing in particular. What do call the residents your mailing too. I figure people get tired of seeing current resident or future customer etc. I’m looking for something different.

Just use current resident and focus on adding the most value to the customer in as little words as possible.

Say the problem they are facing and your solution. they will have their decision made in about 2 seconds if that. Make sure you add a strong call to action with a discount.

That is literally about it.

Remember you have 2 seconds at best to grab their attention.

2 Likes

When I see Current resident I don’t even look at anything else. It goes right in the trash. The purpose of the title is to prevent that. Every mailer has pretty pictures and catchy slogans. They all blend together. I feel like the title I adress a customer as has an opportunity to make it stand out.

1 Like

Here is a decent example:

INSTANT CURB APPEAL!

House washing - remove mold, mildew, and dirt

Concrete cleaning - Brighten your discolored concrete

Gutter Brightening - instant black streak removal.

CALL NOW FOR YOUR INSTANT QUOTE.

$30 off for the first 10 callers!

everyone is the first 10 callers lol

3 Likes

Sadly almost every mailer will go in the trash. Where are you getting your list? Who is your target demographic.

Do you record the age, date, gender, race etc of your customers? If not start this now. You can use this for your marketing. You can even use this information to do more direct targeting with PPC.

Check out the bingo hall and leave some flyers there while youre at it.

Im making my own list based on different areas around me that I had success In this year. 5 large neighborhoods with several hundred houses each. I have deals with existing customers in these neighborhoods for yearly repeat washes and plan to schedule them around my secondary mailing campaign. I would also like to do discounted or free washes for residents at the main entrances to these neighborhoods on the condition that they leave my sign in there yard for an extended period of time. That way my signs will already be out in yards around the neighborhoods. About a month after that wave I’d like to do door hangers for a 3rd and final push.

1 Like

Sounds like you got a really good plan there. Are these homes under a home owners association?

1 Like

No but they are higher end homes with a mix of young to retired professionals as residents. I haven’t dipped into the land of HOA yet. I would like to be set up with at least 1 working 2 man crew and myself continuing part time before I even attempt to pitch them. I don’t really see that as a reality until at least year 3-4.

All smoke and mirrors. Make your business look big and then come in and do it yourself. Bring a friend along for the quote in a uniform. No one needs to know it’s only you. If they ask say yes and then figure out how to get an employee for that job. Give them a W2. Let them reel the hose or something and pay them minimum wage.

Naa im not up for all that. I mean if you do that and come across as full of crap it will ruin your rep. Around here people talk…alot…and to anyone that will listen. I’m not going to pretend to be more than I am just to get a job that’s probably bigger than I can handle anyways. I feel like getting too big too fast kills your chances to dominate long term. Im in no rush.
But my situation is different. I have a full time job that I love and keeps me working threw the winter. It also affords me alot of paid time off in the summer to wash. It’s the perfect place for me to nurture and grow the right small buisness into something special with minimum financial risk to my own personal wealth. I’ve been planning this in my head for a long time and I only wana do it once. I’ll take my time and do what I feel is right.

1 Like

I quit my job and this is now my job. I am earning more than at my previous job and I had a very nice salary where I sat on my ass all day.

Gave it up for the goal!

Edit: not a dream, a goal. Dreams are nothing more than a fantasy, goals have milestones in place and actions to meet those milestones.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that. I hope it pays off in the end. That’s what we all do this for anyways. Freedom profit and security.

I have no doubts in my mind that it will pay off in the end. I get to work out 6 days a week. Pretty much set my own hours and make more many in way less time.

It’s pretty awesome. Yesterday I made $500 in 2 hours pull up and leave. Can’t beat the feeling of making half a grand before 11 am. Unless you make a full grand before 11am. Then that beat that feeling.

Did you have any success? I was thinking of doing this hand writing the envelope cause 99% of the time it will be opened