Credit cards

I was asked today by a possible customer if i accept credit cards. I told him that at this time i do not he told me that is the only they pay.
So my question is how many of you accept credit cards and if you do whose good to work with? and do you find it worth it? do you get more business because of it? and how are the costs associated with it?

Thanks

Larry

I accept credit cards and use https://squareup.com/.

Very easy to use with your smartphone or ipad.

But in all honesty, I rarely ever get asked if I accept credit cards.

We accept credit cards.

You may leave a check under the door mat on the day of service or you may pay via credit card over the phone when the dispatcher calls to let you know when we are coming to your home.

For starting up use ā€˜squareā€™

Nick Giordano
CleanPro

636-686-7137

Yep, go with square. You will have your card reader in a week and just link it with a checking account. I think it is 2.75%. I am in Florida and get calls from absentee landlords all the time. Credit card reader comes in handy.

I started with square, but now I use quickbooks. When I send my invoice it gives them the option to pay online via credit card or bank account. I absolutely love it. The only downfall is that it takes up to 5 business days to receive payment, but with square only 48 hours max.

I use square, but my bank is now offering one, so check with your bank to see if they offer one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks guys. Derek I will have to check into quick books. have any of you gained more residential work because you offer pay with a credit card?

Yes!! We actually tell every customer for residential work that they can pay either by cash,check or credit card. The other beauty of accepting credit cards is we have some customers who pay in advance just to lock us in.

To do that all they have to do is go to our website. Pay Your Bill - Clean County Power Washing Itā€™s easy money.

FYI- my wife just told me that 2 of the condo complexes we maintain pay us by credit card as well as an out of state parking garage. So donā€™t lose a sale because your not setup to take plastic;)

I donā€™t believe I have necessarily ā€œgainedā€ any residential work because I accept credit card payments, but it helps me get paid faster on residential. Now I know I have gained some commercial customers because of it. It canā€™t hurt you to accept credit cards in my opinion

I use squareā€¦however, I have never had a customer use a card. nobody wants to pay the 2.75%ā€¦

Do you look to charge your customer that 2.75% interest? Thatā€™s really a cost you should absorb into your business.

1 Like

I use square card reader, however I have only had customers want to use credit a couple of times. 95% of the time they are ok with check or cash. You can actually buy the square reader at Walmart for like $10 and it comes with a $10 credit/ reimbursement card. Or just order it online for free and wait a few days

Sent from my iPhone using Pressure Washing Resource mobile app

Larry,
I you will have bad reviews with anything.
Not saying that square hasnā€™t been problematic for others, but my experience with them was great for the last two years. I would still use them if I could send a payment link with my invoices.

Thanks Guys for the response. I just looked at square and read customer complaints. Wow they have a lot of complaints about them holding peoples money and no customer support.

Do any of you use windows based phone? if so is there a product for them like this? I canā€™t seem to find one.

Iā€™ve used many of them but my constant is PayPal Hereā€¦ I also use Square.

I did more than 45k in cards last year and of course never passed those fees onto the customer. In fact it is illegal in some states. Itā€™s a convenience for both you and your customer so eat it up as the cost of doing business.

Iā€™ve heard Square is good. We just lost another customer today because we donā€™t accept credit cards. Definitely something on my bucket list come spring. :slight_smile:

Its so simple to request and get a square, and easy to use. But whatever you get make sure to check interest charges.