Contacting decision makers

What are your strategies for contacting decision makers for commercial jobs? What strategy has been most effective for you? I’m looking to do mostly flat work on the commercial side with some building washing as well, I just need some ideas for how to get the ball rolling. thank you from AZ!

1 Like

Walk in and say hi …Introduce yourself and leave a flyer or card or a packet explaining who you are and what you do…don’t be pushy just keep it simple and when they need you they will call…also just calling places and asking to talk to the manager…just be respectful of the times you call…don’t hit up Wendy’s and McDonald’s during the peak of lunch rush that sort of thing …

2 Likes

So what’s a better time to hit up those places? Early morning or in the afternoon?

Google the business. Most of the time, Google will give you the hour by hour breakdown of when the place is most popular. Pick a slow time during the 9-4 range (when most managers are in) and pay them a visit.Pay attention to “No Solicitors Allowed” signs and respect them. If a sign is in place, you can opt to either mail them a sales package or make a phone call.

Anyway, that’s my 2 bits…

1 Like

Thank you mudbug! Do you have any advice for property management? Or do you kind of take that same approach?

Same approach. Sometimes a little online research will lead you to the parent company of a franchise or business complex, apartments etc. Spend a few dollars for some professionally put together sales packages. These can be done thru Staples or most any Quick Copy type of establishment. Once you get something that you are happy with, you can try your hand at recreating it.

Don’t forget the all important follow up. If someone is too busy or already under contract, try and get a commitment from decision makers to come back and see them at a later date. Put it in you calendar and be sure to call or meet them. Also, places like apartment communities in my area set their budgets the year before so, they have a certain time of year where they look are looking to accept bids. Find out when that may be and get in on it.

Good Luck

Apartments - walk in a ask for the manager, they will tell you who to contact
Office buildings - Ask the leasing agent who handles the maintenance, usually a management company.
Industrial parks - leasing company
Townhomes and condos - ask manager, usually a management co.

1 Like