Cleaning/Stripping Quartz

Hey everybody, newbie here to the PWRA. I’m doing some research for a job I’m going to be doing. It’s a bank with brick most of the way up and then a quartz material for the rest (pic is below). It also has some columns that are made from the same quartz material. The bank president told me he thinks it’s been sealed around 4-5 years ago. A few things I’m curious about: Is there a way to tell if it has been sealed, and if it has, what is the best route for stripping it? It’s got a lot of black mold type growth on it and you can tell water has penetrated and then frozen due to some of the cracking on the columns. If I were to hit it with a stripping agent, I’m not sure how I would keep that from running down the brick sections. I may try to get in touch with the company that manufactured/installed the columns to see what it’s actually made from. Then it comes down to sealing it. I’m not sure if it would be best to brush or spray on the sealer. I’m not concerned too much with the brick, but I really don’t want to discolor the columns and such. Bonus part is I’m not on any time constraint. He said if it takes a month, that’s fine. Any input would be most appreciated.

Call Mike at EacoChem