Cherry picking

So my g.f works with me on weekends and today was a house wash in a gated community high dollar homes. As we go through the gate and turn corner I noticed a older lady hauling junk to the curb. The job was 2 houses down. Immediately my g.f goes over there and starts hauling it back to trailer. I was getting pissed b/c I dont like that done with my company truck involved. I started to tell her off until I noticed what she got. 2 electric chainsaws, 1 gas chainsaw 2 new homelite hedge trimmes in the box, a electric karcher p.w. also cool stuff like boxes of plumbers tape, new padded locks in box and a lot more. Everything worked. I kinda of overlooked her sin as she hit a gold mine lol. My ? Is does anyone cherry pick with company vehicles with signs on them or am I being to hypocritical because if it wasnt a good find I would have told her off. I have no problem with cherry picking just dont like it done with my business name at sake.

If you told her off she should have whacked you in the noggin with those new pad locks. The fridge in my shop came from a customers garage. I bring back all kinds of stuff.

I hear you. I have no problem with cherry picking. Me and my ex wife owned a thrift shop years ago and I would stop at every curb alert I drove by. But when im in high dollor community’s in a company truck I feel that gives a bad impression on potential customers

I don’t have any trucks with signage or lettering. Long live Fred and Lamont

This would be a good topic to hear what everone has found on they’re route

Outdoor fireplace
Wicker rockers
Patio set
Windows
Pressure washer
Basketball goal
Weight lifting set
A puppy - had her 10 years now.

And lots of other stuff that customers were getting rid of.
I also found a crate of power tools once. I place an ad in the paper and left notices at the local lumber yards but the owner never claimed them.

I’m sure there’s more but that’s off the top of my head.