Chemical hose size for 7gpm fat boy?

What size hose do you guys recommend for a 12v soft washing system? 1/2 or 5/8… reason why I ask , I am about to buy a hose reel just thinking should I go with the 12" Titan or the 18" Titan reel

Been reading on the forum a lot of mix reviews… I know the bandit system comes with 1/2 hose with a 7 gpm… does anyone run that System with a 5/8 hose ?

1/8 difference. Buy both. Use the one you like Ann’s keep the other as a spare.

On hose reels go bigger no matter which hose you choose… if you ever regret a bigger hose reel I’ll buy it from you. If you ever regret a smaller hose reel I told ya so. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol… what about the hose size ? Just trying to figure out should I just build my own roof system or just buy the bandit…think it’s only around $40 more for the 18" to the 12"

I don’t know anything about roof systems since I can’t sell a roof to save my life. What I do know is I spent $700 on a maruyama chemical pump that mounts to a small Honda and gives 8.5 gpm. It’s still sitting in the box because I haven’t had a spare second or need to build it.

What I do know is a 12v system sounds like a colossal pain in the rear for the return so when the time comes I’ll use a gas driven chemical pump.

As far as hoses go, and this is my tool shed engineer speaking, 1/8 of an inch bigger hose can put more volume (slightly) at the gun and when compressed can give you more distance… and the cost difference? $40-50? I hope someone craps all over that so I can learn something before I need it or they can tell me I’m right and I’ll adjust my ball cap for my ever-swelling head. Lol

@racer or @timetoshinepowerwash would probably be more help on hose diameter for what you’re trying to achieve.

1 Like

I just searched “1/2” or 5/8" pressure washing forum". Many hits came up. One was a forum full of people who use 12v’s daily. 12 of 13 said they used 1/2". One guy said he used to run 5/8", but switched to 1/2" and experienced little to no distance loss. Results may vary, this was just one thread.

Either one will be fine. Like IB said, just pick one and eventually buy the other size for a backup, and then you can compare if you really want to. I would go with the 1/2"… easier to deal with, and if it does everything you need it to, then no need to go bigger.

Recently seems like a lot of people are getting away from 12V’s in favor of booster pumps. Little more money, but supposedly less headaches and better distance/volume.

I thought the booster pumps where a add on for the 12v systems… either way this will be my first roof system… I don’t know if I will get any business cleaning roofs, but once I get the system I am sure going to try!!! That’s why I was thinking about using the 5/8 hose in case later down the road I can switch to a air pump and use the same 5/8 hose…

No, booster pumps are a separate method of application.

Yea I started reading up on them …

12v - go with 1/2 inch

1 Like

Get the 18" can hold up to 300’

Yor great tool shed engineering doesn’t have to haul around house, up and down ladders and around on a roof. 300’ of 5/8 when full get’s pretty heavy. But a young stud like you, why not just use a 2" firehose. Then you could shoot the roof from the street.

2 Likes

What do you think I pressure wash with?

1 Like

I think that’s how Innocent does those apartments so quick.

2 Likes

Yeah the 18" is only 30 bucks more then the 12"… only thing that sucks is u can’t stack a 12" to a 18" so I guess I might order 3 18" at 330 a peice … damn shit gets to expensive …

Buy the 18" reel. Always better to have some extra room. As far as 1/2 vs 5/8 Chem hose, I run 1/2 " on a 9.5 gpm gas diaphragm pump and it works well. It’ll reach about 45 - 50 ft depending on how hard the wind is blowing (in which it’s always blowing a nice 15-25 knots here when I have 3 story jobs booked ).

2 Likes

You can definitly stack a 12 and 18

Does it have to be modified ? Talk to someone yesterday and said that the Titan 12" can’t be stack to the 18

Yes it will have to be modified. Anything can be made to fit anything. Rarely does something “pre made” fit together anyway. I look at what I want it to le and then work backwards from there. I’d personally steer clear of the titan reels, but that’s just me. I like beefy and overbuilt :slight_smile:

1 Like