Cheapest EDDM?

With the working season being so close ive been gathering all my new equipment, getting ready to reinstate my online advertising, and hooked up with a few new companies. One thing i havent been able to find however is a good company to go through for EDDM. The weather on the east coast can be extremely unpredictable in the beginning of spring, one day its 70 and the next day its 30 and as we all know, when the weather gets cold people are not thinking about washing houses! I have found a few good deals for EDDM but they require a minimum of 10,000 mail pieces to go out (which is fine if we are further into the season and the weather is more consistent) for around $1700 printed and mailed. I am looking for a company that will do a smaller batch (maybe around 5000?) to start off the season. Who do you guys use??

We do ourselves. It is super easy to do and all of your money goes for mailings, not mailings and someone to do for you. Especially simple on the smaller count mailings.

Can u tell us how

We were doing it ourselves last year. It was actually more expensive to do it ourselves than any other place we have checked. Cost us roughly $1250.00 for 10,000 cards (that are the correct size for eddm) and roughly $.17 per piece to send them out. I can get 10,000 mailed out for $1700 through the company i mentioned

This is how we got started. Just follow there easy instructions, and you will find out thru doing it is easy-peasy! You do need to go to the EEDM and set up an account first, that is easy as well.Just follow link.

https://eddm.usps.com/eddm/customer/routeSearch.action

Hi There,

Try this http://www.printdirtcheap.com/ i never order actual EDDM, but i order 5000 racks card it cost me $237.21 with shipping and quality was great! Planing to order some EDDM soon.

Was that $1250 just the cost of the post cards?
Or
Is $1250 the final price for print, plus the eddm?
I just used gotprint.com and payed $335 for 5000 - 6.5x9 cards

Hi Andrew,

The EDDM minimum (per USPS) is 500 I think. The maximum is 5000 per post office per day.

Please check your facts on the company that claims to be able to print and mail 10,000 for $1700. At the very lowest EDDM postage rate, the cost for 10,000 to the USPS would be $1560. That doesn’t leave much left for the printing - seems something is wrong with that number.

I’d advise against mailing 10,000 pieces at once. You’ll get a better ROI if you mail smaller drops more frequently as opposed to a large drop at once.

I have a good deal of EDDM mail experience. Happy to help or just walk you through the basics. Feel free to contact me.

For post cards I use atcostprinting. You’ll need a para/ wcr membership but it will pay for itself if you buy just a few thousand cards.

1 Like

Just order cards form Oubly Custom Printing. They can do small runs of cards starting from 50.