Brick Paver questions for you seasoned veterans! Long read!

You guys are AWESOME with advice, i’ve learned so much from this website and cannot wait to learn more!

This is going to be a LONG read, but these are some things that have bugging me in my process, and I am looking to see if you guys have better ways/more efficient ways to do these things.

I have a a few paver questions I would like to ask, up here in michigan i’ve been pressure washing on the side for a few years now and finally this season I have gone 100% legit licensed/insured as a one man show.

I am working with a 13hp/4gpm pump that I built to slide into the bed of my truck.

1. About two years ago I washed and sanded a clients brick paver patio and walk way. She called me recently to have it sealed in the next month. I went and inspected the pavers, except for a FEW very small spots in the joints the moss seems to have stayed away, and quite honestly the patio/walk way pavers and joints still look to be in good shape, and clear of dirt. I am looking for advice on how do I approach this, am able to seal it without having to pressure wash the pavers/joints and resand before I seal it? I’ve always looked at seal jobs as having to actually do the whole process of wash/sanding/sealing all together, regardless of how they look.

2. Does anyone have a more efficient way than your basic tarp to cover and protect the things around the pavers as I clean them and clear out the joints? Every time I do a job (especially if it has moss/dirt in the joints) I make a HUGE HUGE HUGE mess, dirt all over everything within a 5ft radius, and I am covered head to toe in dirt, even crunch on some sand in my teeth haha! Please note, I am not complaining about getting dirty… that is not what I am worried about, I spent 6 years in the car wash industry, I am used to being blasted with dirt, its the things around it (plants/flowers/house etc.) Again, this topic is aimed towards keeping surrounding areas clean and free of dirt and sand for an overall better finished product for the customer

3. I do not have a fancy system to suck of the murky water as I clean ( Not sure of the correct terms to word the system). To give you an example of what I am trying to get at, I washed and re-sanded a 1000 sqft driveway this past weekend, I find myself dealing with a huge pile of sloppy dirt and sand at the end of my process. Now obviously this is normal and inevitable, but I am wondering what you guys do to efficiently remove the mess? I find it ending up in grass along side the driveway etc.

4. By this time you probably don’t want to read anymore but for those that are, I appreciate YOU! I am looking to use a solution based sealer made by euclid chemicals. “Diamond Clear” and or “Ever Clear” are the two main contenders. I am looking for first hand reviews on this stuff, as my local stone shop supplies it and with the wholesale price it seems pretty good? If you have had experience with this sealant, please let me know if you can give me insight on any hiccups, or issues you have found with it!

Thank you for reading this post, and to all advice, thank you in advance!

2 Likes

Well written but I never heard of this product

There’s no way around getting some dirty, just rinse it off. Sure a tarp helps but don’t go crazy, it’s the outdoors. Just clean up

Of course you have to clean everything before sealing, sanding is optional, but try to sell that too.

When rinsing i like to let the lose sand fall back into the joints, but most of it won’t so lead it onto the grass, use the yellow tip

Not familiar with those sealers but you must use the same you applied last time (water or zylene based) just make sure it’s dry for 24hrs before the zylene based