Brand new GP 20" surface cleaner issues

Hey guys, my new surface cleaner is jumping/skipping when I’m pushing it forward. It’s slides smoothly when I pull it backwards. Honestly it doesn’t seem to have the pressure behind it that I was hoping for. My machine is a 2500 PSI 4 GPM belt drive mi-t-m. Any advice on this? Would changing the tips help? If so, what tips should I use? Thanks!!!

Clean your tips

It’s a brand new surface cleaner. Would it have dirty tips out of the box? Some people in a fb group I’m in recommended getting rid of the filter in the handle that came with it, and using 25025 tips if not what came in it factory.

It takes 2 minutes to check them. It only takes a little debris to clog them

Another thing could just be your washer is having a hard time floating it. Depending on how fast your trying to push it, the bristle can be “catching” the concrete a little then release causing a small jump.
The general rule for surface cleaners is 4 in for every gpm. So a 16in would be a lot better and you would be able to move faster. Ive run my 4gpm with my 20in SC and it was very slow, and because of the low gpm it would not float the SC as well.