Black top that borders house and wood deck

In this scenario in the pictures, should I be concerned of the black top? With a house wash mix including water/chlorine/soap. An also the deck? Using a 50/50 mix.sh/h20. So my question Is how do I protect the black top…I was going to pre wet the black top an use caution around the borders and counting to keep wet during the job.

This is a pic of the black top area.

I would wet the black top then cover with a plastic sheet. 2 mil will be thick enough then wet down really good when you finish. I actually don’t think it will do anything but error on the side of caution.

Jonathan Zarzour
Xtreme Cleanz
Birmingham Alabama

you shouldn’t worry about stuff like this. Only thing you need to worry about is anything with a clothy feel.

For instance. If there’s a boat parked in the driveway with a black canvas cover . Or a jeep parked in the driveway with black canvas cover. Or seat cushions— the pillows feel clothy. If they have a synthetic feel to them, don’t worry about it.

What strength bleach are using ? 6 % store bought bleach ?

Got ya. Using 12%.

X-jet ?

Yes. With m5

Yeah I did the job. It came out great. Moved what I had to and rinsed the black top well with just a ball valve…that deck I stripped also…first time doing that …came out well. Customer was satisfied

What did you use to strip it ?

Sealer Peeler Plus…

What was the reason they wanted it stripped ?

The customer wanted the rest of the paint taken off then they were gonna waterproof it…

next time tell them that it’s impossible. Wood is too old and beat up.

Assuming you learned that

Yeah that was an experience …