Best ways to measure

Hey there. Need a little advice. When bidding jobs such as banks, how does a professional measure all of the curb area? I don’t want to leave money on the table, but I don’t believe that the people that have been in this business for awhile are measuring every single inch! For example, the bank we just completed had 1193 linear feet of curbs, the building was about 300 running feet, sidewalk and walkways, and of course the drive thrus (5). For example, theres these little concrete islands inside the drive thrus. I guess my question is, do you really have to measure every single inch not to leave money on the table, or do you have a standard misc price for little sections, or is some of it just a wash and you take the good with the bad? I feel like I left a lot of money on the table and I just don’t want to do it again​:grin::grin:

1 Like

You can measure any area on google maps.

There is no such thing as leaving money on the table. That’s salesman doublespeak. If you get paid what you bid then there is nothing left on the table. 1200 feet of curbs is 3 man hours. 300’ of sidewalks is 2 man hours. I’ve never done a drive thru but you get the picture. Look at a Google earth view, add up your man hours and multiply by your rate.

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate that.

Plus ∞.