Best degreaser for heavy equipment?

Got a call to do some heavy equipment work. Havent gone to see it yet but the owner says its covered in grease! What do you guys recommend for a degreaser? We will be using heat also

1 Like

Hot water is pretty good.

1 Like

the plan was to use hot water and take as much as we can off, cover it in degreaser and let dwell, then go back through again

The mechanics use big E for all the heavy equipment cleaning at the road department where I work. Never tryed downstreaming it myself but they swear by the stuff.

Using a cold water machine and degreaser, could it also work? Maybe using a turbo nozzle with 4000psi… thats the machine i have… cant afford a hot water machine yet

Cold water really doesn’t cut the grease, it just moves it around. You’ll have to use more degreaser than usual if you run cold water and there will still be a glossy film of oil/grease left on equipment

1 Like

I don’t do any fleet/heavy equipment washing, but I do know that 9 times out of 10 when someone says hot water is a necessity they know from experience.

Any other short cut is just going to lead to a mountain of frustration.

Reading this and then asking for degreaser recommendations was a breath of fresh air. Lol.

Because I can direct you to approximately 7829834 questions that are reiteration of “I know hot water would be best, but what’s good enough.”

Good enough is rarely good nor enough. I hope this post is the first that pops up when people search for “no hot water degreaser”

2 Likes

Short answer. No.

1 Like

I was asking because i have seen some guys washing a gas station at night in san antonio, and i stopped by and they told me that they only use hot water during winter, they were using a 4200 psi dewalt PW, one guy was throwing degraser with a manual pump, while another one was scrubbing the floor with a broom, and the third guy was rinsing off

I’m curious to know what they’re charging. That DeWalt is a POS. I owned one.

I’d be willing to bet that a hot water machine would do twice the job in half the time even if they came back the next night.

POS? What does that mean? Sorry, im still trying to figure out some abreviations

Oh. Sorry. POS is an acronym for Piece Of S***. Manure, poo poo, stool.

8 Likes

Hahahha thats fantastic haha, loved it, im glad you said it, i was going to buy that machine before choosing a belt driven one, i found reviews on youtube and they said it was ok, they said it was a “commercial grade PS”

Cheap bid got the job…Customer’s getting what they paid for.

Great Squid. Now you have taught curse words to a foreigner. Slap your wrist and promise to be good.

4 Likes

I promise to do all those things, if he teaches me one in Spanish. Most people run on carbohydrates… I run on curse words, Grizzly long cut chewing tobacco, and coffee that’d give most folks a heart attack. It’s not a fair trade unless I get one of those three things.
:joy:

Which reminds me… I sent @OvermanPowerClean some of that coffee and I haven’t heard from him in a few days. Ya still out there buddy?

1 Like

I keep one of these in all day

1 Like

Heard of these! Do you really feel like you get the same get up and go you do from coffee? I’m slowly leaning toward quitting chew because I actually don’t like it at all. Just a habit the end of the day.

Only quarter cup in each chew. I switched to decaf last year when my ticker started acting up so the chews give me a boost

@squidskc. A huevo Puto!, hahaha yo les enseño español cabrones si ustedes me enseñan a como usar estas maquinas porque soy novato! . Finally im here in san antonio, im picking up my used pressure washer, cant wait to test it out, i will send you pics guys

2 Likes