Basic contract

Good morning ladies and gents.
Tried using the search to no avail so I’m hoping someone will have a gem tucked away. I’m looking for a general residential contract to cover my butt with.
Anyone have one in a word format I can tweak for use ?
If so please email me at eric@acquitrino.com
Thank you
Eric

Show us what you have worked up already and maybe we can help you tweak it. Professional written contracts, employee handbooks etc are expensive to have written up and most are probably reluctant to just give those away.

I concur with IBS. Also, check out Docracy.com I wonder if they’ll have one? I tweaked one from there for my web design and graphic design contracts. They have one for everything, so I wouldn’t doubt it.

Thx. I’ll check them out

If you’re a pwra member you can access free company document templates via the windowcleaner.com store

Do you guys have the terms and conditions signed by the owner before starting work?

If so, how do you accomplish this if you have not met face to face with the customer prior to doing the job?

Most of my residential work is bid off-site and half of the work is done without my seeing the owner until I pickup the payment and do a walk around…matter of fact, lot of people just leave the payment hidden somewhere, tell me where it is and to get it before I leave.

You bid off site. Have them sign and accept estimate with contract connected

That is all well and good…if this is all done electronically…which mine is not.

I bid off site…through verbal communication…meaning, they are on the phone while I look it up on google and give them a price.

Try QuickBooks online. Works great

Thanks, I will look into that.

Part of my problem will be having customers that are tech savvy enough for me to be able to use it.

I use quickbooks but am by no means a pro. Is there a way to send them a terms and condition and have them sign it electronically? Brodie mentioned something the other day about Joist but the least amount of apps I have to use the better!

Joist is a great app. It lets you add your contract to an estimate and they can be electronically signed. You can also accept payment through the app.

3 Likes

Have you figured out how to separate completed jobs from estimates yet. I’ve been looking for awhile.

It should automatically separate once you have generated the invoice.

1. Create estimate and email to customer
  2. Customer accepts bid and E-signs
  3. Job scheduled and completed
  4. Convert estimate to invoice in the app and get paid
  5. Input payment into app. Will automatically move to the paid column once to total balance is paid.

Well…not so much.

Quickbooks DOES NOT offer electronic signature in their software.

How do you get it to do that?

That can be a bummer. But try docracy.com you can send and have them electronically sign. Or record your calls and make a verbal contract.

I guess I’ll have to mess more with it. I process all my payments threw paypal still.

We don’t give clients a contract to sign

I went to Joist…it handles it like a breeze.

1 Like

Quick does signature on site for estimate.
With contract attached.
I consider a returned email from estimate as confermation and signature.