Basic Business Software

Hello all,
I’ve gone through the archives and it seems that most threads relating to business software are a few years old. I thought I’d start up a new discussions and see what’s being used to help make your business run a little smoother? My list is below and I am not affiliated with any of them but they are products I use and am satisfied with the features / pricing.

Yardbook “https://www.yardbook.com” It’s a cloud based system designed for Lawn-care / Landscape companies. Though I do neither I have been able to tailor it to my needs, they have good customer service, IT’S FREE, and did I mention the low cost. It is not specifically geared towards our industry but it is close and you can tweak it. It does some financial / accounting stuff but that is not it’s strong suit and I still use a standalone financial software for that. One up-side is they will take suggestions and if the need is beneficial for enough users incorporate new functions or adapt existing one to suit. Free to try and free to use for now.

ZOHO “Best Online Accounting Software for your business in USA - Zoho Books” Is a cloud based accounting & bookkeeping software. It’s simple, inexpensive, and it’s what my accountant suggested. I was inline for r quick-books but when the accountant said check it out I’m glad I did. I use PayPal for processing credit cards but I can take Stripee through ZOHO too. Both charge the same but PayPaL has the pay later option. When you see in their eyes they want to buy the whole house package but can’t or won’t swing the lump sum, PayPal offers them payment options but I get mine lump sum.

My email is through my website but it’s back-end is G-Mail so I do a lot in Google Docs and use Google’s G-Drive for storage and on the go file access.

I’m curious to hear what others are using and maybe find a gem to help make my business life simpler, smoother, or shinier.

Regards,

Joseph

1 Like

Check out housecall and responsibid some use both or one,both are very good at what they do