Barrel pump blues

How are you guys transferring SH from 55 gallon drums or totes? This pump is a pile of malarkey. I was doing it faster with a shaker siphon, but even that takes a month of Sundays.

I’m hoping I can use my bandit for it soon. Although I’m not 100% sure that’s possible yet.

1 Like

12V pump.

I’m gonna buy a fat boy bandit very soon. I was thinking of buying an extra 12v pump to have as a backup. This is one way I can use it in the mean time. Thanks for making a post that got my wheels turning.

Can I wire it up to plug it right into the wall? Dealing with a bunch of car batteries doesn’t sound enjoyable to me, but then again hand pump and the stuff that isn’t much of a joy either

Doesn’t harbor frieght sell a cheap 120v chem pump? Im sure even a water pump would work decent for awhile. Then you wouldn’t even have to wire it.

Mine is gravity fed now but for years I used a 5gpm 110v Delavan from pressuretek. Without rinsing ypu just get 4 or 5 years out of it.

I couldn’t find it through search. I’ll call them tomorrow.

I don’t trust anything from harbor freight that requires electricity. Lol their generators though keep surprising me.

1 Like

Go to a local battery store and ask for a refurbished marine deep cycle battery. Mine had one for $50.

I pressurize the tank a little with a compressor, so i have no moving parts or seals to worry about. Depending on how much you want to trasfer you can go up to 15+ gpm like this

With all the pumps tha only lasted me for a few moths just from running house wash thru them, I would think a couple uses of straight SH would burn them up.

Try getting a 5-6 ft section of 3/4 or 1 inch hose. Put a ball valve on one end. Sink the hose into the drum close the ball valve and then pull the hose partway out. Should fill up pretty quick. Usually works well. Not crazy complicated not many moving parts. Less to go wrong. Flush ball valve out with water once you get done.

How do you do this? Air fitting and sealed off hose?

Bob at pressuretek rewires all his delevans and sets the pressure switch. He is the only vendor that offers a warranty on them if used with bleach. Delavan doesnt even do that

1 Like

Please be very careful putting a chemical tank under pressure. I keep one of these in each truxk and in the elemonator drum

https://m.lowes.com/pd/Corsan-0-HP-Plastic-Transfer-Pump/50359088

Your favorite store. NT 5.5 gpm, actually pumps 6. $130ish. Drop hose in barrel, have 30’ hose on outlet side, pumps away. Been using for years, put drop tube in 5 gal bucket of water and flush mine though after every use.

1 Like