Backside of chimneys

For you guys doing house washes without a ladder how do you clean the far side of a chimney or do you just not worry about it since you really can’t see it…washed a house today and was on the roof cleaning gutters and the one side which I would not be able to hit from the ground was real dirty…maybe no one washes the side you can’t see from the ground ??

If it’s one of those rare ones that can’t be hit from the ground, I’ll put a ladder up and just climb up to the gutter line to hit it.

That’s what I do too but usually you only have a line of sight to 3 sides of the chimney and the back side is almost impossible to reach without getting good on the roof …maybe it’s how the houses are in my area ?

Well Im a roofer as well so if I have to get on a roof its no big deal for me.

I alway’s Climb on the roof to clean the backside of chimney. If it is a steep roof i will use a counter weight to tie off to for fall safety. Just make sure you clean it all. You wouldn’t want top ruin your reputation or have to go back to job site when the customer see’s it wasn’t cleaned. If you don’t like being on roof’s, maybe you can look into making a curved extension for your wand
( kind of like a gutter hook.). Stay safe and Stay professional!