Anybody know much about legacy pumps?

I picked this up for a stupidly low price from a guy who needed money to fix his trucktruck. Still had the plastic on and was only run twice. Just don’t know much about the pump.

3 Likes

Figured it would be a good backup unit.

1 Like

Sounds like you found a four leaf clover!

Yeah. Lol. The guy pawned it for $300. So I paid off the $300 pawn and gave him $200 cash… I would buy them all day long at that cost.

1 Like

Anything with V packs are good. Good pump

You stole it! Maybe once in a lifetime deal, hell it would still be an amazing deal if it didn’t have electric start and a battery. I would know as all my equipment is purchased used via Offerup, Cl, Five Mile, Ebay, Letgo etc. Nice job here is the info I found on your pump.

Legacy GM3540R.3 The .3 means the pump is the 3rd revision of upgrades. 3.5GPM @ 4k psi 1,850 rpm
24mm shaft

LEGACY by KARCHER 24MM BELT DRIVE PUMP | RIGHT HAND SHAFT

NOTE: THE KARCHER KM3540R, LEGACY GM3540R, SHARK SM3540R, LANDA LM3540R, AND HOTSY HM3540R ARE THE SAME PUMP

4000 PSI | 3.5 GPM | 1850 RPM | 24MM SHAFT

1/2” FPT INLET | 3/8” FPT OUTLET

PLEASE NOTE THAT FROM TIME TO TIME KARCHER MAKES UPGRADES TO THEIR PUMPS AND THESE ARE IDENTIFIED BY ADDING A SUFFIX OF .1, .2 ETC. THE UPGRADED PUMPS ARE COMPATIBLE WITH ALL PRIOR VERSIONS AND YOU WILL BE SHIPPED THE MOST CURRENT VERSION.

Legacy has introduced the next wave of heavy duty pump high-pressure pumps – the Legacy HD pump. This heavy-duty high-pressure pump is the outcome of 2 ½ years of research and development, resulting in a number of upgrades over previous pump models. Premium, long-life components and new design features make the Legacy heavy duty pump a standout among other high-pressure pumps. Tests prove it will hold up better in rugged working conditions. A few of the many features:
Stronger crankcase housing with thicker aluminum cross members and mounting feet for added strength.
Super strong two-piece connecting rods designed with double feeder grooves, to
maximize lubrication for a dramatically cooler running pump.
High temperature long-life Seals correctly fitted for each pump.
Dacromet® finish on manifold bolts ads extra protection.
Oil level dipstick is vented, allowing for heat expansion. Oil level sight glass allows for quick and easy oil inspection.
Premium European quality tapered roller bearings on both the drive-side and opposite-
drive-side of the pump allow for heavier and demanding loads while greatly reducing
noise levels and heat build-up.
Precision machined hollow crankshafts for easy assembly and disassembly. Solid-shaft models have a full 55mm shaft length to easily accept pulley and sheaves.
Polished stainless steel plunger rod reduces friction heat for a smoother and cooler operation.
Precision ground and highly polished solid ceramic plungers designed and manufactured to withstand dramatic temperature and pressure spikes.
Revolutionary forged brass heads with exclusive “deepwell- sealing” valve caps eliminate any head pressure effects to the valve cap and valve cap thread.

THE KARCHER FAMILY OF PUMPS INCLUDES KARCHER (K), HOTSY (H), LANDA (L) SHARK (S) AND LEGACY (G). WITHIN THE HD SERIES OF PUMPS THE SAME PUMP WILL BE MARKED WITH DIFFERENT BRAND NAMES AND DIFFERENT LETTERS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE MODEL NUMBER - K, H, L, S OR G.

1 Like

Stop the internet. @tireshark he said something nice about pumps other than Udors and Landas. Maybe the times are a-changin… lol

3 Likes