Any body Using Thumb Tack?

I just signed up for it today, wondering if anyone has gotten any leads off of it. Looks nifty at least.

Never looked at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Pressure Washing Resource

I use it with good results. It can take some time to get your page looking good with reviews and stuff, but I get a lot of work from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 Like

Good to hear. I’ll report my results back, if I get any.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I’m on it, but don’t land many jobs or bid on jobs too much any more. MY experience with it is people price shopping, lowest bidder wins. Every area is different I guess, CDubbs has had good results with it.

1 Like

Landed a $15k job on thumbtack earlier this year. They raised there prices 400% though and that sucks, but I have noticed only two contractors are responding now instead of five.better odds of closing I would say.

1 Like

Still the same here, 45 seconds and you got 5 hacks of the lowest bidder.

1 Like

I started using it about 10 days ago. I’ve gotten 2 jobs, with upsells netting me approximately $1,000. Spent $40 for the 20 credits to start.

My strategy is to send a message giving an average cost per foot or per square foot, and that I will be in their area already on that day. Because I will be in the area I will be able to help them out a lot on the price due to having to use up chemicals that I mix in bulk for the other job in their neighborhood.

The average cost I give comes with stipulations of course. How soiled the surface is, the exact size and layout…stuff like that.

I’ve only gotten 2 jobs thus far, however, I’ve only bid on 3 so 66% isn’t too bad and $1,000 is great for $40 in advertising dollars.

I will definitely keep all of my messages and results as a case study for future reference.

Garbage, you will break even at the best case scenario. Save your money and put it towards more conventional market tools much better ROI.

Don’t use it, I don’t care! I’m not letting $15k jobs pass me by.

I am still trying to find a reliable method to approach the PWing side, but my other services do okay through ThumbTack. Yes people are price shopping. If their first priority was quality or finding the best service they would look to find you individually (website, referrals, postcards, etc.).

This info helps, so get your foot in the door and sell. I just last week up sold a small gutter job to a full two story siding wash. That one job speaks for itself in ROI. Simply be prepared for NO and pricing creatively or lower to get the conversation going. Best of Luck!

I actually landed a good house/driveway job from there the other day. Just a random “let’s see if this will work”, this one did. Different results for different areas I guess. Dubbs does well with it and I’m glad for him it does. Around my area, it seems to be more price shopping but every now & then you get a good catch.