Alkota 3gpm 3000psi

Hello commercial guys. im in the process of getting equipment for residential softwashing, maybe commercial work down the road. I ran into a deal (maybe) for a Alkota with a diesel Kohler 9.8hp hot water 3gpm 3000psi. If the machine works, will that engine allow me to put a bigger gpm pump on or is the 3gpm ok for commercial? Is the Kohler diesel gtg?

Has been sitting a few years so Ill try and get it running. Price around $5-$700
Model 3307X4

3.0 GPM
3000 PSI
10 HP Kohler Diesel Engine

I did a search for Alkota but couldnt find whole lot.

Thanks

You want 13hp minimum for a decent pump. That will allow you to do 4@4000 or 5.6@2500. A 10 horse would maybe do 4@2500, I don’t feel like doing the math, lol.

Don’t worry about hot water until you know you’ll be doing a good amount of commercial work.

You can get a ready-built 5.6@2500 for around $1500, or build one yourself with a harbor freight predator engine for around $1k.

Ok, wasnt sure if it such a good deal that sells fast and didnt want to kick myself for not buying it. Looks like $10,000 new, but that doesnt always mean everything.

The motor alone on Amazon is $2700, whats the point of a motor that cost that much with such low horsepower?