Advertising for the next year

Starting this thread because lately we have had a lot of posts about different marketing strategies being used.

I haven’t done much advertising outside of my car magnet and Facebook. I tried door to door, but I feel that it wasn’t too well received and the time taken made it seem less valuable for me. I want to start my new year strong here in florida with solid marketing.

First thing I’m buying for the new year is my yard signs and changing my car magnet. I would also like to buy a banner to put on the back of my open trailer. I hear good and bad on HA, so I guess the only way to know is at least try it.

What are your recommendations to generate leads and get your phone ringing?

I am new in business…less than 3 months. I am retired and do this part time, so I am not trying to work it all day, every day. Actually, I would like to work 5-10hrs per week.

The only advertising I have done is door to door and yard signs…I have not gotten a single call from yard signs. I have my limited schedule full from door to door contacts, thru the 2nd week of Dec… When that work is completed, I will have been in business 12 full weeks, averaging 4.5hrs per week and averaging $625 per week. So, I am not quite where I want to be, but I cannot complain at all…GOD has blessed me with a good start.

So, my opinion of door to door is fairly high…just can’t take it personal when the folks are not interested. Now, with that said, I would certainly like to figure out some decent advertising.

1 Like

I’m really into my direct mailing campaign here in the buckeye. As the wife says…the walls in my office look like I’m hunting a serial killer. I’m up to 4 neighborhoods now and I’m hoping for at least 20 before the weather breaks. I made my own mailing lists from Google maps. I’m stamping and hand writing alot of the addresses as theres very little work until the snow starts falling. I’m planning 3 diffrent waves for each neighborhood.

It’s great to hear d2d works for you. I don’t know what I did wrong. What does your pitch sound like? And is there a particular demographic you’re targeting?

What really sucks is that most of the neighborhoods around me are posted no solicitation. What do you do about this?

I really don’t have a pitch…and I don’t get NEARLY all of the folks that I talk to. Matter of fact, I sometimes think that I am wasting my time.

As far as demographics…I don’t have the good fortune of living in a large area…to be concerned with demographics. There are dirty houses and driveways everywhere…so, I just stop and ask folks. Most of the people in my small town don’t have a lot of extra money and finding a willing customer with the money is my challenge. But, if I don;t bang on doors…I surely won’t find them cause the yard signs and truck signs generate NO calls.

The thing that I try to keep in mind is that no one told me that this would be easy. I am determined that if it fails, it will not be from a lack of effort on my part. I need to get this work to get exposure and this is the only way for me to do it.

1 Like

That’s rough, at least you’re getting clients, so I wouldn’t call it a waste!how far are you from your nearest large town or city? Also, have you looked into joining local Facebook groups?

I am 75 miles from the nearest “city”.

I am in the process of starting Facebook…but it has been a hassle…about ready to say to hell with that…page was hacked and I can’t seem to get that straightened out. The one good thing is that I don’t have any competition for the financially challenged crowd that I do have.

With all of that said, if I would adopt yardman prices…I would have all of the business that I could possibly handle, every day. But,I will be able to get around 10hrs per week at my price and that is all that I want. I really did this to get out of the house in a way other than hunting/fishing…something to keep me engaged as 56yrs old is too young to not be working at something…

1 Like