A1 Austin Bleach?

Hi, my name’s Jorge, I’m from Kennesaw, Ga.
Im new to the forums and rather new to the business.
I’m actually a full time painter for about 5 years now and I’ve been working with my dad so he’s taught me a lot, especially when it comes to pressure washing. We have two 3000psi cold pressure washers. Before we prep the house, we always pressure wash with A1 Austin Bleach we buy from Sherwin Williams. We always try to make it as clean as we possibly can, so we barely leave any dirt and it removes a lot of the dirt and mold out, but there’s always a few redish stains on the lower part of the house from the clay we have here, but we normally dont worry about it that often considering we’re going to paint over it any way.
I want to start doing this on the side for some extra money, whether its decks, concrete, houses, etc. But i don’t want to half ass it like most painters are known to do.
I’ve done read on this forum for about a week now and I’ve noticed there’s been forums about bleach, but the Austin Bleach was never brought up.
So i was wondering if you guys have heard of it, used it, and thoughts of it. Also, if i should use a different chemical rather than the A1 Austin Bleach or if it’s good enough to keep using it?

Sorry for the long intro, i felt like you guys needed to know a little behind my background before i asked the question haha

As far as I know, bleach is bleach. The only things to look for are the manufacture date (stamped on the bottle, usually in the format of a 3 digit day of the year, and 2 digit year. i.e., today would look like 235-16 or just 235 16) and SH content as a percentage (common values are 6%, 8.25%, 10%, and 12.5%)

The fresher the bleach, the better. Especially when it come to the higher concentrations.

From what I’ve seen, the bleach sold at Sherwin Williams is way overpriced in comparison to WalMart or Dollar stores.

If you’re doing any real amount of power washing, you should hook up with a pool supplier and buy your bleach in bulk. It’s usually half the cost or less than buying over the counter, and you won’t look like an amateur with dozens of bleach bottles in your vehicle… :hushed:

Ahh thank you for the advice! I actually never knew about that.

I’ve read about some of you guys using pool suppliers for bleach, that’s why i asked about Austins Bleach, since I’ve never used anything other then that, maybe there would have been some difference?
We actually do buy in cases, usually 6/case for about $17 in SW :sweat_smile: