2 Second Lean

Have you guys heard of Paul Akers or 2 Second Lean?
Basically it’s a teaching on finding waste and continuing improvement for your work, shop and management.

The website is http://paulakers.net/books/2-second-lean
or listen to free on youtube: 2 Second Lean - Audio Book by Paul A. Akers - YouTube

If you have heard of kaizen, Three S / five S, or lean thinking how has it affected your garage, rig, shop, jobs, house or workflow?

If you haven’t heard of this then I really encourage you to begin your journey of Lean improvement today.

Even if you’re not interested at least give the book a listen to find out how you have already been implementing these things already.

1 Like

I can’t wait to watch this stuff this weekend. I love stuff like this. Read Scrum if like this stuff.

is this scrum? What Is Scrum: A Guide to the Most Popular Agile Framework
basically eat an elephant one bite at a time :stuck_out_tongue:

Kinda. Lol. The stuff in this book about Toyota’s process had me on the edge of my seat like a giant dork, but I’m a toyota truck guy deep in my soul. Lol

1 Like

Paul owns a FastCap, they have some pretty incredible products for the woodworking world. I can’t stand watching him in videos, though. He’s a little too “infomercial” for me. Still, the man is passionate about lean.

That’s so funny, he’s totally informercial toned
But yea, it’s good stuff, i sometimes catch myself thinking whether or not something is lean

Found this video, reminded me of your fandom

1 Like

That was fascinating! In a book called Scrum it talks about toyota’s manufacturing process and why they believe they’re the most reliable vehicles.

Anyone can stop the assembly line at any time with a push of the button. If the assembly line stops EVERYONE is required to go to the point at which it was stopped to see why it was stopped. Often times it’s a slight defect that needs to be corrected and all cars before it must be inspected or it can be a light bulb moment where someone thinks something can be improved. Freaking amazing.

Honda runs similar processes and started out by building motorcycle engines.

2 Likes

And I already mentioned it earlier in the thread… totally forgot.

Wasn’t that movie GUNG HO based on this book?

Doubt it, Gung ho was released in 1986, while Scrum was published in 2014 and 2 Second Lean was published in 2011

Humor… Book is total opposite of the movie

2 Likes

I toured a Honda plant with my Dad (who was an ISO 9000 auditor) & the plant manager. If you subtract the time it takes the paint to dry, they build a car in 4 hours. Unpainted body panels hit the line on one end & at the other end they put fuel in the new car & take it out on the test track. It was very cool!!

3 Likes

Incredible right?!

1 Like